Anyone else think Regiment can win this thing?

The Regiment is gonna take it I believe. They got the horses to pull it off in the end.

I'm really surprised that this is the general concensus here. I'm thinking this is more of a "if wishing made it so" situation.

I mean, these are the same things that were said about Phantom's show last year, and they finished a good distance out of first.

They have a great show, don't get me wrong. And I think 2nd is not out of the question (although it would be surprising to me).

But in terms of a total drum corps package, I just don't see how they can beat the Cavaliers this year. The Cavvies just have it all in their show, and that is the only show, in my mind, that just screams "championship show" this year.

I'll be just as upset as Studio Tan if Phantom beats Cavvies at finals.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really surprised that this is the general concensus here. I'm thinking this is more of a "if wishing made it so" situation.

I think so too, but I'll guess we'll see in about two weeks.

Some of it may be wishful thinking.

But for the last three years, Phantom scores have consistantly gone up more than any other corps from the beginning of the season to the end, about 25 points a year.

The book is also very difficult, I haven't heard BD or Cavies so can't compare, but more difficult than Cadets.

I think some truely see the potential in the show, and according to the reviews this show concept is starting to really come across. With some major cleaning this show has perhaps the most room left to grow of the top 3 corps.

I think it is possible, will have a better idea after I see all the corps in Allentown. :)

The argument I've consistely seen from the Phans this year is that once Phantom cleans up their show a bit, they're going to take top honors.

Having more dirt to clean up and and having a "meatier" book really means nothing at all if the meat isn't as effective as the other corps.

I truly believe that PR's show this year isn't as effective as the two corps above them.

Wishful thinking is right.

The argument I've consistely seen from the Phans this year is that once Phantom cleans up their show a bit, they're going to take top honors.

Having more dirt to clean up and and having a "meatier" book really means nothing at all if the meat isn't as effective as the other corps.

I truly believe that PR's show this year isn't as effective as the two corps above them.

Wishful thinking is right.

that's kind of funny because at the last regional PR tied BD in effect.

I don't know guys, Phantom Regiment seems to be on the move, and the additions to the show have made it, IMO, a contender for the title. There are still a couple of weeks left. This show has really grown on me, but now comes the question of whether or not they have the time to catch BD. Three more weeks of serious cleaning, I am thinking they can pull it off.

PS - If you have not seen the show, then you are missing out. Just listening to the audio doesn't do it justice, as the visual package is wonderful!

Blue Devils Superior to Phantom Regiment at Battle of Madison 2006

rimshotspiritTerrance :rock:

Blue Devils Superior to Phantom Regiment at Battle of Madison 2006

Harken! He hath spoken.

Well, I think Phantom may come close with the show they've got,

but in the end, I see The Cavaliers taking the title. As others

have mentioned, their show has gotten very clean, and is loaded with effect.

And for the last couple decades, effect is ultimately what wins a championship.

I'm not saying it's impossible for Phantom, but it's going to

ba a daunting task for them to overcome both BD and Cavs.