The San Antonio Texas Saloon...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far...I've seen Cascades on up.

Cascades have gotten SO much better from when I saw them in Seattle. Thanks guys! :)

Magic...good drumline...that's about it though. I can see Cascades beating them soon, if not tonight. They were not very clean.

Esperanza...a bit small I know. They've got a battle on their hands to try to beat some of these guys.

Southwind was ok too. Definately better than the group before them. Drill was hard to read at times with the different unis. Clair de Lune was butchered by them. I LOVE that piece...and it was ruined.

Capital was the best corps so far here. Their show doesn't really do anything for me, but you can see that they are far more talented than these other groups. 1st half of the show is pretty quality, but the 2nd is still real dirty. They have a much more difficult show too.

Mandarins...after the 5 minute percussion intro, I was kinda lost. I didn't really understand why they would have such a long intro without any brass. Anyway...they are ok too...just can't get into their show.

All in all...not impressed...really. I don't really get into anyone's show yet. Can't wait for Blue Stars!

They way all the kids look so far, It will be a battle. Like the other poster said. KUDOS to ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only .5 difference between Capital Regiment and Blue Stars. Both corps have some ground to make up and Colts, Crossmen and Spirit, but it should be an interesting fight right down to the last show.

This is a particularly strong year overall. In weaker years, everyone from Cap Reg/Blue Stars up would find themselves in the fight for finals. That's what I meant by "finals-caliber".

Did anyone else lose the DCI commercial? I'm just seeing some greyness.

Probably expired-- logout, then log back in. It should work then.

My techno geek hubby brought home a projector from work. Hooked it up to my PC and I have 4ft high drum corps on my wall! b**bs

I was even able to pick out my kid on the field! How cool is that from two time zones away from the show? Thank you DCI! Absolutely worth the price for the Season Pass.

Now... we just need to do something about the sound system. My computer speakers aren't producing enough sound to annoy the neighbors ^0^

anyone getting a black screen? I've logged out and back in, cleared cache, still not working