Lewisburg Scores

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you. you have a very nice drum corps.

I heard a rumor.... ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Hope to see you soon Chris!

interesting night and results. good show

I am typically uninterested in watching the Bushwackers, but Fanfare For The New and Rocky Point Holliday are two of my favorite drum corps pieces. Should be interesting.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, Ga.

Whoops. I do know how to spell Holiday :) Holliday was my 7th Grade History Teacher.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, Ga.

where do they get these judges from? (or who paid the highest for these scores?)

empire and cabs horn lines clearly out-played the bucs...the brass spread should be huge...ask anyone who attended the show. there was an audible cracked note every 2 seconds during the buc's show and the buc's horn line was the weakest sounding line out of the top 4 corps there...come on guys.

the overall effect of the statestmen, whackers, and cabs' shows were more pleasing to the audience than the buc's wanna-be cavaliers show. that was evident in the golf clap everyone gave for the bucs. honestly, i immediately went home and popped in my orchestral recording of scheherezade so that i could remember what it was supposed to sound like. please save good classical music for orchestras or good open class dci corps that can pull it off.

i'm glad that i don't march...i'm not sure i could put up with the politics of bad judges. they clearly were biased in the bucs favor. but hey, i'm only an aspiring professional musician...what do i know about sound. did these judges hear something i didn't? doubt it. i almost wish i could get a refund for that bs...but the statesmen and cabs made those $19 worth it. thank you to those 2 corps for not selling out and playing whimpy esoteric music, your performances inspired me to try to make it to another show this year. good job and good luck with the politics game.

where do they get these judges from? (or who paid the highest for these scores?)

empire and cabs horn lines clearly out-played the bucs...the brass spread should be huge...ask anyone who attended the show. there was an audible cracked note every 2 seconds during the buc's show and the buc's horn line was the weakest sounding line out of the top 4 corps there...come on guys.

the overall effect of the statestmen, whackers, and cabs' shows were more pleasing to the audience than the buc's wanna-be cavaliers show. that was evident in the golf clap everyone gave for the bucs. honestly, i immediately went home and popped in my orchestral recording of scheherezade so that i could remember what it was supposed to sound like. please save good classical music for orchestras or good open class dci corps that can pull it off.

i'm glad that i don't march...i'm not sure i could put up with the politics of bad judges. they clearly were biased in the bucs favor. but hey, i'm only an aspiring professional musician...what do i know about sound. did these judges hear something i didn't? doubt it. i almost wish i could get a refund for that bs...but the statesmen and cabs made those $19 worth it. thank you to those 2 corps for not selling out and playing whimpy esoteric music, your performances inspired me to try to make it to another show this year. good job and good luck with the politics game.

leadsopsrule

post Today, 01:37 AM

DCP Rookie

Group: Members

Member No.: 16602

Troll alert!

leadsopsrule

post Today, 01:37 AM

DCP Rookie

Group: Members

Member No.: 16602

Troll alert!

biased ignoramus alert!

that was my first show that i attended this year...hopefully not my last.

my mistake for posting my unbiased opinion as a paying customer...the bucs show was unimpressive, deal with it.

(is sarcasm allowed here? i apologize if it's not)

Leadsopsrule, why don't you post your opinion of everyone in the reviews forum?

Edited by iloveto8va

well that's the first time i've ever heard a comparison of us to the Cavaliers, amidst the other DCI comparisons I've heard. :blink: