San Antonio aftermath...

BC is clean yes, but I fear that they may have (now dont flame me)...peaked a tad early and that they may need to squeeze some new stuff out I'm just not sure where

:beer::beer::worthy:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He said rumor had it at the show that one of the judges for percussion(which PR won tonight) had marched or instructed at Phantom. That could explain that.

This isn't uncommon for a judge to be judging a corps they taught at or marched with. What do you expect them to do, get people that have never marched in or taught a drum corps to judge? Jeff Prosperie hasn't been on Regiment's staff in 11 or 12 years. I doubt he's putting Regiment ahead just because he used to teach there. They have a very strong drumline this year. Anyone that has been to a dome know how bad it echoes in there. Maybe he wasn't up at the front to hear the pit when they were off and couldn't tell when he was back listening to the battery.

I didn't get to see regiment's show because of the feed being down, but conspiracy theories are ridiculous. Do you think judges would keep their jobs if they put inferior corps ahead of better ones just because they taught there more than 10 years ago?

Mike Anderson (who judges often) was a Blue Devil. No conspiracy. Now if Paul Rennick was judging this theory will be legit.

Yes, Jeff Prosperie marched Regiment 87-88 and was Perc, Caption Head 90-92 and Perc Arranger 93-94 but he is generally harder on PR than any other corps. The Brass Perf. judge also marched PR, was on on staff and is a good friend of mine. Neither would put PR ahead of any other corps based on where they marched. They are both Finals quality judges and are VERY well respected. They both give scores based on what they hear. I said three weeks ago that PR would pass Bluecoats based on the staff each corps has. Drum corps is played at an entirely differnt level whe you get into the top 4-5. BD, Cavs, PR and Cadets staffs know what it takes to be at the top. I don't think Bluecoats staff knows yet what it takes to be a contender. I foresee, as I have said before, Bluecoats ending back in fifth once Cadets make all of their changes. If Cavaliers don't add some difficulty to their show they may end up 3rd. Even my mother said they have an easy visual package.

If Cavaliers don't add some difficulty to their show they may end up 3rd. Even my mother said they have an easy visual package.

I can only hope they peak this week. Phantom!!!!!!

What I noticed, at the location of my seats for SA (112-16-1) was that Cavies and BD were really clean for July. PR has some cleaning to do, but when they do...I exoect PR to close tha 2.5 pt gap very quickly

I beg to differ. If Bloo's guard had received the 18.10 they got four days ago, I believe they would have been in 3rd. My daughter says they had a fantastic show, but suddenly the guard is in 8th place?!? What's up with that?

I find this very strange also. Biases aside I *might* not think this is too weird if they had a really off night. But saying

that they had a fantastic show and *still* getting the lowest score they've gotten since Indy seems really odd to me.

First let me say that I am a pretty big fan of Bloo. They have done some of my favorite shows, and their cymbal line alone(may they rest in peace) has won my respect for the corps for many years to come.

But what is the deal with BC fans and their conspiracy theories. If Glassmen or Boston gets a raw deal every so often, it sucks, but no one seems to get bent out of shape. But with BC, every little hiccup seems to get blown out of proportion by their die-hard fans. I know it must be tough to see your corps so close to the top and yet so far, but c'mon, let's stop looking for conspirators around every corner.

Am I the only one who get's this vibe from BC fans sometimes?

Edited by Morgoth Bauglir

First let me say that I am a pretty big fan of Bloo. They have done some of my favorite shows, and their cymbal line alone(may they rest in peace) has won my respect for the corps for many years to come.

But what is the deal with BC fans and their conspiracy theories. If Glassmen or Boston gets a raw deal every so often, it sucks, but no one seems to get bent out of shape. But with BC, every little hiccup seems to get blown out of proportion by their die-hard fans. I know it must be tough to see your corps so close to the top and yet so far, but c'mon, let's stop looking for conspirators around every corner.

Am I the only one who get's this vibe from BC fans sometimes?

What conspiracy are you talking about?

The Bluecoats colorguard score was 9/10ths lower than their last show. That's all I was trying to say... no conspiracy about that... just fact. I think if any corps loses that much in one caption in one show's time it is notable.

Edited by Agent 89

The Cavaliers are a pile of ####. This just goes to show that music gets you absolutely nowhere, and all DCI cares about is pleasing little masturbating bandos who have their brains stuck in crap like BOA.

What on earth would cause you to say something like that?