Cadets

I just watched their entire program on the seasons pass. How they heck are they not in 3rd? Their drumline is definatly top 3...their hornline is top 3...they march top 3. [The Cadets] out execute Bluecoats and Phantom.
Perhaps it's because you really can't tell from a tiny screen on season pass. It was clear in the stadium that they were 5th.

Out-executed? Hardly. I gotta go with skyryder, here. It was VERY clear in the stadium that they were solidly in 5th last night...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a cool show (yeah, I said it.)

I like it.

if the hornline played a little more, I think the corps would be doing better. I love the new ending, and I love when I hear the drum corps. The drill is very 05-ish, and is suiting the corps greatly. If this wasn't such a great year for EVERY corps, they would EASILY be in third right now.

There are just 4 corps better than them right now.

~>conner

There ya go folks. Case closed. Trying to draw a conclusion of any kind via your computer is in no way going to get you an accurate picture.

Seeing PR vs Cadets three times live, I had no doubt they would not only pass them but stay in front of them.

~G~

true...however, i had a computer projector, projecting it on the wall making the picture quite big (about 40") and the audio was through my stereo system! It really was quite bad###!!! :)

I know these guys signed up for the summer they're marching, but if I had spent my childhood watching 90s Cadets shows (which I did), and finally made the corps and was handed that show...I don't know what I'd do. I'm sure the members are doing everything they can, but there's only so much you can do as a performer with what your given.

I do think the backlash on the Cadets show actually began LAST year. Most kids who got a spot in the Cadets the winter before last season ,probably did not realize the Cadets would be doing a show that was so " out there ". Last year, they had the talent to pull their " out there " show off. But the reviews with many fans were decidedly mixed... at best. So the talent pool that the Cadets, and to some extent the Crossmen , drew upon this past offseason probably suffered just a tiny bit. The Corps at this level are so good, that when even a few number of kids who might have tried out for the Cadets went elsewhere, it made a difference. Forget the design of this year's show for a moment. The Cadets Percussion line and Brass line is not as good as last year, and the Corps execution is definately not as crisp. When was the last time we simultaneously saw the Cadets not in the top 4, and the Crossmen not in the top 12 ? The Cadets are one of my favorite Corps. I admire them for their attempts at innovation. But I'm hoping that they'll do the neccessary show design reevaluation in this off season and come back to us from their excursions into The Twilight Zone. Otherwise, as Rod Sterling the host of the TV Show The Twilight Zone used to say,..... " you go there at the risk of your own peril ".

Edited by X DM

No diss on Cadets but I'm kinda happy they aren't 1,2,3. I want to see new corps have their moments to shine, atleast until finals. I'm tried of seeing the same corps in the top 6

I like seeing new blood in the top ranks as well, but only (yes he said ONLY) if such placement is justifiably earned.

Edited by Gorgo

true...however, i had a computer projector, projecting it on the wall making the picture quite big (about 40") and the audio was through my stereo system! It really was quite bad###!!! :)

You still are in no way going to get an accurate read from a stationary cam that is 40" vs. being there live. Sorry.

I know these guys signed up for the summer they're marching, but if I had spent my childhood watching 90s Cadets shows (which I did), and finally made the corps and was handed that show...I don't know what I'd do. I'm sure the members are doing everything they can, but there's only so much you can do as a performer with what your given.

thats a good point. i wonder how many liked the idea when they were first told about it, compared to how many feel the same way now. really.. it is THEIR show.. if they dont like it, why should the audience? if they do like it.. why cant the audience just let them perform? (yes.. i know this coming from me who typically doesnt like the cadets.. but.. thats how i feel it should be.. with ANY corps.)

i know everyone has their opinions, and the audience pays to see it.. but in the end, what you (or i) think.. really doesnt matter. what do the performers think?