Want to explain the random SCV trumpet player?

Noticed this at San Antonio last night, the random trumpet player just walking all the way around the field and then diagonally across, and at the end of the show breaking the cymbals' V? What's the deal?

I have to say though, SCV's drill at the end of the show was absolutely brilliant, and then suprising us all with exiting through the back center entrance, that was EXCELLENT!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha wow I didn't even notice that guy, but there he is in the video... Interesting...

edit:

If you watch while he's around the pit, you can see that he does all the horn manuals (up/down/box). cool stuff.

Edited by rebu

Yes, I was thoroughly perplexed by this as well. :/

Heard from the son (not positive) that this person is an age out and he hurt his knee at the beginning of the season. This is how he could be in the show. Also the show is about perpetual motion and he is always in motion, never stops and joins the corp at the end. So not positive that this is why, but these stories pass through the Corps.

That would be a neat way to portray the perpetual motion without taking away the effect that can be generated by halts and such in the music. I haven't seen it, but it sounds like it could be cool.

Hm, the injury story seems like it could make sense...

To be honest, it's not that "cool." It was actually distracting as you realize he's there and miss out on the show. I thought that parts of the perpetual motion were very obvious, but his part just seemed out of place.

Hm, the injury story seems like it could make sense...

To be honest, it's not that "cool." It was actually distracting as you realize he's there and miss out on the show. I thought that parts of the perpetual motion were very obvious, but his part just seemed out of place.

ok.