Penalties

What was the biggest penalty (or combination of penalties) ever given to a single corps at one show? This ought to be good to hear.

I know of a few corps that have gotten 3 point penalties. Are there any higher than that?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were some huge penalties at Quarterfinals in 2001. I think Madison and Crown got busted bad for showing up late. The warmup situation in Buffalo was pretty annoying. We warmed up at a nearby school, and then bussed to the stadium. I think the Troopers had a big penalty at Quarters in 2000 and that cost them a spot in semis.

Just checked corpsreps for '01 and at Quarters, Madison had a 3.6 penalty and Crown a 2.5.

Edited by KungFuCharlie

Yeah 2001 is the year of the 3 point penalty to Crown and Scouts in quarters. Also, Madison got slammed with a 3 pointer in 2002 for kicking a cone in Dekalb, IL (if I recall).

Madison had a 3.6 penalty in Buffalo '01? How late were they??

Edited by dciguy01

i may be wrong but if memory serves me right 1968 Royals Airs got a 4 point penalty at vfw nationals with the honor gaurd crossing the line before the gun. Cost them the show and was the end of them. What a great corps that was. please correct me if I'm wrong. Iwas in St' Joes, high drums, second in horns,and last in m&m.....6th place. If we would have had a real m&m guy that could have been are year!!!! Kilties won.

i may be wrong but if memory serves me right 1968 Royals Airs got a 4 point penalty at vfw nationals with the honor gaurd crossing the line before the gun. Cost them the show and was the end of them. What a great corps that was. please correct me if I'm wrong. Iwas in St' Joes, high drums, second in horns,and last in m&m.....6th place. If we would have had a real m&m guy that could have been are year!!!! Kilties won.

Wow, and so many people complain about how DCI corps are going out these days with bad finances and all. Geez look at these old guys....all they did was time the step off wrong and POOF .... :blink:

I was at the Buffalo show (as a fan that year).

The Scouts were the first corps after intermission...they were not at the gate!

The corps was announced...no Scouts

Brandt Crocker asked if the judges were ready...no Scouts

BC announced the Scoiuts may take the field for competition...they had just entered the tunnel...and were even taking their time to get on the field...very strange.

BC announced the Scoiuts may take the field for competition...they had just entered the tunnel...and were even taking their time to get on the field...very strange.

I remember that

Saturday, August 11, 1973. Anaheim Kingsmen finish 9th at US Open Pre-lims with a 70.00 after a huge penalty for being late. They won the finals with an 80.30. Most of the Pre-lims scores dropped by a couple of points to finals, so you can estimate the penalty to be at least 10 points.

Garry

I'm thinking it was because of the way warm ups were done. Corps could not warm up at the stadium, so they had to go to a nearby community college and then hop on the buses and go to the stadium. :blink: