Do you think there can be a new Champion?

Do you think there can be a new Champion?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. As long as BD, Cavies, Cadets, and PR do not fold, do you think there can be a new DCI champion in the future?

• Yes, but it will be either SCV, PR or Madison. No one else has a chance.
    • Yes, and it will be a corps that has never won before
    • No, those groups will continue dominating until one or more of them are out of the picture.

I think you have to be aware of the unknown. I think in 5 years, I would not at all be surprised to see the Academy win Div. I.

They are that good. This is not another Magic from a few year's ago. This corps has taken the slow methodical road to success and it's really building into something special.

We shal see just how good they are in Madison.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Madison, SCV, and PR are the only ones who have ever won DCI Championships, and even then, not nearly as many as "The Big 3", BD Cavs, and Cadets, have.

First a History lesson.......

The Big 3? BD-11

Cadets-9

SCV-6

Cavies-6

It might take 3-5 more years but a new Corps will win a Championship

It took Cavies 20 years.

PJ

I believe Madison, SCV, and PR are the only ones who have ever won DCI Championships, and even then, not nearly as many as "The Big 3", BD Cavs, and Cadets, have.

might be mistaken, but i believe SCV has won more, or the same amount as cavies.. (as far as dci is concerned)

edit: didnt see the post above :blink:

Edited by cire

might be mistaken, but i believe SCV has won more, or the same amount as cavies.. (as far as dci is concerned)

edit: didnt see the post above :rock:

BUT.... SCV has only won 1 championship since the Cavaliers STARTED winning their championships.

Timeline:

I---1992 Cavaliers-----1995 Cavaliers----1999 SCV----2000, 2001, 2002 Cavaliers----2004 Cavaliers----I

That looks like crap....but you get it. SCV of current isn't the perennial dominator they were in the 70's and early 80's...especially now.

So in a way, I feel like new SCV is a new corps... even though it's not. They've only won a single championship in 17 years. I feel like people would be as excited to see them win a ring again as they would seeing a totally new corps winning a ring.

Wait a month... :rock:

Why haven't the Boston Crusaders put together a contender yet? They've only been around forfreakingever.

True in terms of longevity, however, you have to remember that it wasn't until 1999 that they made finals and have been there ever since.

Bluecoats are perfectly capable of winning in the near future.

~>conner

definitely, i said last year after their 5th place finish that they could do it in 2 years. a little out there? maybe. but entirely possible.

Why haven't the Boston Crusaders put together a contender yet? They've only been around forfreakingever.

The same reason the Glassmen and every other corps that has risen to 4th or 5th and then fallen hasn't been a contender. Getting close to the top and actually making it are two completely different things. And yet every few years, people talk about the next up-and-coming corps like it's never happened before. I dig the enthusiasm and confidence, but a little more realism would go a long way.

So in a way, I feel like new SCV is a new corps... even though it's not. They've only won a single championship in 17 years. I feel like people would be as excited to see them win a ring again as they would seeing a totally new corps winning a ring.

im guessing thats what S C V chant was about in 99 <**> :sshh: