Carolina Crown Thread

I'll throw out a ranking of Crown shows:

1. 2006 - this and PR and my favorites of the summer

2. 2005 - really mature, I thought - and it introduced Joseph Curiale

3. 1996 - a lot of people thought it was boring, but I thought it was a cool concept

4. 1998 - the arrangement of Russian Christmas Music was refreshing

5. 2003 - though the brass played all of about two minutes (:)), the greatest one-year turnaround in DCI history (according to me)

Outside of 2002 and possibly 1999, I've never met a Crown show I didn't like.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Crown in Monroe, LA last week and they seemed to me the best they've ever been

and they have a great, entertaining show (just downloaded their APD, last night).

During "retreat" (or that shamefull excuse for what is now called retreat) when the scores

were announced, the crowd was obviously surprised by their loss to Boston (no offense to

Boston).

I was also surprised, but thinking about it on the drive home, I came to the conclusion

that since I'm clueless about percussion, it was probably their percussion scores that did

them in. I checked out the recaps when I got home and sure enough that's what it was.

I hope they can clean it up by finals because they have alot of talent and a great show this

year.

For the record, I liked their 1995 and 1996 shows the best. This year may win out though.

Edited by bartyount

This summer's show is great, and I have no idea why it works so well. From just listening to the APD, it should have tanked. It's amazing, and I may just have to buy the instaDVD in Madison.

(NOW IF I CAN JUST TIVO THE STUPID STREAM WHEN THEY ARE ON THE FIELD... stupid work)

What do you think their chances are for sqeezing up to 6th?

To me, this show WILL BE the 6th place show. SCV, BAC and Crown are in a virtual dead heat for this slot. Crown has the warmest sound of almost any of the corps, which to me is their signature. I would be happy to see them in 6th, 7th or 8th. At any rate, this is a great show and the kids and fans should be very happy with any of those places in one of the most competitive years ever!

Did anyone see the Crown show at Wichita Falls or Midland? Have there been any changes? Was the judging on target? I's a little frustraing to have nothing but scores in between streams. Thank goodness for the fourms!

Did anyone see the Crown show at Wichita Falls or Midland? Have there been any changes? Was the judging on target? I's a little frustraing to have nothing but scores in between streams. Thank goodness for the fourms!

They changed the beginning of the show the week before San Antonio. Saw them in Houston and San Antonio and the were great. They are very clean and the show is captivating. Don't know how they did that with Danielpour but it is a great show!!!!

Hoping they will end up 6th but SCV is strong also.

Edited by CCFan1

As a Crown Alumn, it has been a special treat to watch the reactions to the show this summer, and to read these various posts.

It is funny, because I believe the show is doing exactly what I thought it would. It is leaving everyone viewing it in a "trance" and once many have a chance to digest what they just saw and heard, they begin to really like it. Well, in most cases.

A great summer for my alma matter! b**bs