madison ripped off in San Antonio?

people were running into eachother , because they march insanely close intervals all the time just like scv used too, just because the drill is hard doesnt mean its good , and in madisons case..its definately not very good... The scouts, scv trade... not good for the scouts! tou know what theu say..you can polish a terd but its still a .........!

Hopefully you didn't get me wrong - when I used the term 'awe' (awe and sympathy), it was not to imply that the drill is good, rather to say that I was amazed that anyone would write a drill with such unrealistic expectations for the performers. There was tremendous disparity in the levels of the musical program between when they running like thieves and when they got to slow down to below warp speed. Even then, I've got to think the physical demands of the drill (I've seen less frenzy while playing 'whack-a-mole) have the guys completely winded during the less-demanding minute or so of the show. I'm not down on high-energy drills, but its time to bump it up a couple of levels as far as visual bang-for-the-buck. The Cavies don't kill themselves by marching with anywhere near the frenzy of Madison, yet their show has twice the visual impact, and it's not just execution - it's mostly design.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully you didn't get me wrong - when I used the term 'awe' (awe and sympathy), it was not to imply that the drill is good, rather to say that I was amazed that anyone would write a drill with such unrealistic expectations for the performers. There was tremendous disparity in the levels of the musical program between when they running like thieves and when they got to slow down to below warp speed. Even then, I've got to think the physical demands of the drill (I've seen less frenzy while playing 'whack-a-mole) have the guys completely winded during the less-demanding minute or so of the show. I'm not down on high-energy drills, but its time to bump it up a couple of levels as far as visual bang-for-the-buck. The Cavies don't kill themselves by marching with anywhere near the frenzy of Madison, yet their show has twice the visual impact, and it's not just execution - it's mostly design.

I agree, Cavies do more within their own drill, they are not spread to the four winds like Scouts. There has been something bothering me about that show however (Cavies) after seeing them 3 times now despite the impeccable visual and tight horn line, and I finally put my finger on it. It is just plain hokey. It is too cute by half.

Just wondering if anyone saw Madison's show in San Antonio. On July 20th they were close to 85, just over 4 points behind PR, and 3 days later they fall to upper 81's almost 9 points behind Phantom.

Any ideas?

I would say that they did get ripped off. I thought their show was Cavelierish but like seven years behind. I liked their show over some of the other top ten. I think it has a good chance of moving on up only if they clean up quite a bit.

Very simply as a couple of others have said, the Rosander design is a handful.

SVC had trouble cleaning it and so are the Scouts.

The upside is that if they can find a way to clean what he writes, they will be unstoppable.