Favorite Part of Regiment's show this year...

Favorite Part of Regiment's show this year...  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite part of Phantom Regiment's show?

• Prokofiev
    • Biebl
    • Corigliano
    • Mahler
    • All of it.
    • None of it.

The ballad - Ave Maria (I have NO idea who the composer is though, so I can't vote in your poll) :(

Beibl.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for Atlanta. Hey Chris...are you going? Will you be there on Friday night? Me and the better half are hitting the aquarium on Friday afternoon, and are wanting to gather somewhere for drinks on Friday night.

Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to make it to the Atlanta show. Allison is starting a new job on the Monday after it, and the driving would make us too tired--especially coming up from Ft. Lauderdale.

You and your better half are going to have a great time, though. :) Is she a drum corps fan?

At any rate, I think you'll be pleased with what Regiment has on the field.

Edited by festive

I loved the whole thing! I was blown away by that show! My jaw dropped from the first beat, and it never came up from the ground! I couldn't believe how difficult that show was (or at least seemed to be.) I loved the section when the sopranos switch to baritones/euphoniums-- What an idea!! I would love to see this show again b/c there is just so much going on that I know I missed a ton of things. Great job, PR!

Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to make it to the Atlanta show. Allison is starting a new job on the Monday after it, and the driving would make us too tired--especially coming up from Ft. Lauderdale.

You and your better half are going to have a great time, though. :) Is she a drum corps fan?

Not really...she is a flute performance grad, has been to one show (Hershey Park with her friend Jeff Hope, who works/worked percussion for the Madison Scouts). She's excited about it, and it will be her first opportunity to see corps like Regiment, Cavaliers, and Bloo, but...I'm not getting my hopes up that she will suddenly turn into a corps freak like me. :P

Still...we've both been working hard this summer, so this will be a nice little vacation for us. And I think she will enjoy Regiment's show. After seeing it on the Season Pass stream for San Antonio, I know I will...

I loved the whole thing! I was blown away by that show! My jaw dropped from the first beat, and it never came up from the ground! I couldn't believe how difficult that show was (or at least seemed to be.) I loved the section when the sopranos switch to baritones/euphoniums-- What an idea!! I would love to see this show again b/c there is just so much going on that I know I missed a ton of things. Great job, PR!

Jeff! I didn't know you were on here, I wish I had known you were at San Antonio!

Anywho, I agree, I had listened to the show many a time before seeing it in SA and I really enjoyed the show. The part I liked the most by far was the story, I ended up just watching the 2 main characters the most. Visually its a little blah for me, but in the case of this show its a pretty minor blah.

Wow, hard to pick a favorite part, as I love the whole show, the story, you name it. However, I think the Mahler piece is starting to stand out as of this weekend as one of those drum corps moments we will remember for a long time.

Harvey

I didn't vote. I saw the show very early and loved all of it. But I know they've made a lot of changes so not sure about the updated version.

I really liked the Sythian Suite, at least for this show. It's dark and angry and portrays Faust's frustration with life and that all his learning and study have not satisfied him, which leads him to the dark side and a deal with the devil.

I like some things about the Ave Maria, but was a little disappointed. It doesn't have the effect on me I was hoping for. Sounds so different then the original vocal version.

Liked the Piano Concerto, can't wait to hear it again and become more familiar with it.

I saw the original ending which was a bit flat so I'm excited to see the new one.

I'm not a big fan of this show, but I liked Ave Maria. Only thing is, I wish there was more impact of having the trumpets on baris. As it is, the only way I can tell is not hearing trumpets, rather than hearing more low brass...