Favorite Part of Regiment's show this year...

Favorite Part of Regiment's show this year...  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite part of Phantom Regiment's show?

• Prokofiev
    • Biebl
    • Corigliano
    • Mahler
    • All of it.
    • None of it.

Personally, I think the Corigliano is awesome-est. What do you think?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 votes. Are you kidding? <**>

[Continues listening to the APD] :rolleyes:

Personally, I think the Corigliano is awesome-est. What do you think?

I do to, probably because it's the most frantic and energetic. Honestly, I don't care for much of the rest of the show. The ballad especially strikes me as a little flat compared to what I think it could be. Perhaps I feel that way because I play trumpet. B)

prolly the corigliano. because scythian suite has always annoyed the #### out of me and i have moral objections to putting mahler/biebl on a football field. but once again no need to argue about that. ill just keep it to myself..:)

Edited by bdkappasig

Well, I like the scythian suite- we played those 2 movements my freshman year of HS in that order with the drum solo in the same spot. But I also like Beibl, becuase of the last chord and its amazing overall... But the corigliano is amazing, and sooo loud.

So I'm gonna have to go with mahler, because it's AWESOME!!! It just squeaks by all the other movements for me- I love the drill, and guard work associated with it, and the mellos are on fire. Actually, the whole hornline is tearing it up- I love it!!

So, all of it, but I voted for Mahler.

To be honest, I'm not too familiar with each individual section of the show, nor do I know much about Faust. (even after having seen their show several times)

But, my favourite part is in the closer, near the end, when the brass is a block form on the right, with the guard on the left. Big bold sound from the brass - then they run (literally) from there to the finish....a great ending.

I've seen much lack of love for Scythian Suite...

It's all about tastes, I suppose, but...I love it. I love me some Prokofiev. Along with Shostakovich and Khachaturian, he is one of my favourite Soviet-era composers...

I love angry Russian music. I just stumbled across the FSU libary's link to the Naxos database....you can listen to ANY Naxos recording...and they have thousands upon thousands. I'm listening to the Lousiville Orchestra performance of the Corigliano...very sweet.

Can't wait for Atlanta. Hey Chris...are you going? Will you be there on Friday night? Me and the better half are hitting the aquarium on Friday afternoon, and are wanting to gather somewhere for drinks on Friday night.

The ballad - Ave Maria (I have NO idea who the composer is though, so I can't vote in your poll) :(