A change of pace...

Just a change of pace from this intense season. My favorite show has been 1993 Star of Indiana. In the last week I have watched 2003 Blue Devils over and over again (via something "evil" someone called it, but if it advances the art I think it's ok) and I have to say I have a tie for favorite, because you can't compare apples and oranges.

Best of luck to all corps this season! May you give us your best for us to reflect on and debate about for years to come!

John

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup ! '03 Devils is truly something special. Its chock full of those little nuances and/or those little something extras that catapultit past the rest of the field. Their performance level and showmanship matched that of 99, 86, and 82. The followthrough on desired themes and total presentation was completely perfect, dazzling, awesome !!

Im sure someone will come on here complaining of the musical arrangments, but thats the beauty of this show, a lot like 97, one seamless presentation.

And that guard ?

~G~

When I read the subtitle, I thought you had found a drum corps related tie, that I could wear for fancy occasions. B)

I have one with trumpets on it, so I'm okay there. I dunno, maybe it's just me, would anyone buy a corps tie, if it looked good? Maybe not the best thing for making the first impression at a job interview, but sometimes you need good casual ties. I bet some of the corps logos would work out pretty well.

Still wishing I could buy drum corps shot glasses... collect them all!

I have one with trumpets on it, so I'm okay there. I dunno, maybe it's just me, would anyone buy a corps tie, if it looked good? Maybe not the best thing for making the first impression at a job interview, but sometimes you need good casual ties. I bet some of the corps logos would work out pretty well.

there is no way in #### i would ever wear a corps tie but i would definitely (if they looked nice enough) sport some bd cufflinks.

...then you get into what kind of image does that "present" with selling shot glasses. Promoting drinking in a youth-oriented activity, blah blah blah.

As far as the ties go, I think something that could be cool would be a solid color tie with embrodiered corps symbol on it, kind of like this:

21d92151e25e.jpg

yup ! '03 Devils is truly something special. Its chock full of those little nuances and/or those little something extras that catapultit past the rest of the field.... one seamless presentation.

And that guard ?

~G~

Little nuances, seamless presentation. Beautiful. That is what I hope comes out of this and every season. (Now let's drop the necktie replies :-p)

This is not an I LOVE BD post (although I do). A related thing that 1993 Star of Indiana did was that it was seamless. So seamless that the audience wasn't given any chance to respond hardly until the show was over!

John

"I love apples and oranges, as long as they are seamless :-)"

03 BD is my favorite BD show ever