Change in the Cadets' show

I went to the Enid show yesterday, and watched the rehearsal/clinic that the Cadets hosted in the afternoon. When I got there they were practicing some drill with music that I recognized from last year's opener. Then they practiced the same drill, but it was this year's opening singing that I've heard online already. Later in the clinic Hopkins said that they had learned this new opener that morning (yesterday) and it would be added at tonight's show in Kansas. My opinion is still out on this year's show, but I do think its interesting that they're going to play with the opener like this. Maybe the crowd wasn't getting it? Maybe the staff didn't like the feel of it? Who knows.

BTW, Phantom rocked Enid's face off last night! Everyone was blown away by their show! It has to be one of the most difficult shows in a long time.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think Hoppy was getting a bit big for his britches, and is now trying to compensate. While I believe the Cadets can master any changes at this stage, I hope they can have a good clean show at finals.

I don't know that "History Repeating..." was really an apt encapsulation of what they want to bring to the field with this show, to be honest.

Too bad this won't be on Season Pass to dissect just yet. :P

Looking forward to it...but still not quite sold on this show...yet. :)

Edited by bawker

Hope these changes are in, and stay. Minus the vocals and singing = good show, so if they cut the narration, and play music = better show.

Andy

are the vocals gone?

Hope these changes are in, and stay. Minus the vocals and singing = good show, so if they cut the narration, and play music = better show.

Andy

Then again, it was a great show already, so I'm sure any tweaking should only improve it. I'm reasonably confident that those guys know what they're doing.

The other post in the "Mid-Season" changes thread says that the beginning singing is, and is replaced by some of last years music.

:music::huh::rolleyes::worthy::blink::blink::blink::music: