Change in the Cadets' show

I agree - I really do like it after San Antonio, and I can't stand any narration/singing at all, so all I'm saying is if they cut some narration - even better - for me, at least.

Andy

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree - I really do like it after San Antonio, and I can't stand any narration/singing at all, so all I'm saying is if they cut some narration - even better - for me, at least.

Andy

I'm right there with you; the rest of the show (sans the nutty "Where are we?" stuff and so on) is good stuff..."White Rabbit" is a great track.

This sucks... I love the singing at the beginning... It's that crap in the middle that's corny and needs to go.

What's sad to me is that I would "get" that show without any narration. In fact, that's what drives me nuts about all of this. I get the shows without the narration. Blue Stars -- what are you doing? I don't need a high school kid giving me a history lesson! Cadets, same thing -- the characters are so compelling, and communicate well, zippit!

Imagine if we had Season Pass and APDs whenever it was that the Cadets had a woodwind out there for early season shows, and took the penalty...

This sucks... I love the singing at the beginning... It's that crap in the middle that's corny and needs to go.

I'm with you here, bud. I haven't seen it live (only streams and clips), but I dig "History Repeating" and the rest of the first half. It's the back half that's a mess.

I'm with you here, bud. I haven't seen it live (only streams and clips), but I dig "History Repeating" and the rest of the first half. It's the back half that's a mess.

I find these statements quite shocking... and almost apalling. heh. I almost think you're joking.

I've tried to keep an open mind about the Cadet's show this year-- but everytime I've seen it-- it seems that the sections that throw the entire concept of the show out of whack are the vocal sections. History Repeating is alright-- but it's an odd music style to throw togather with the rest of the show. And the talking in the drum creak just throws the pacing off.

If History Repeating really is gone-- mucho props to George for being able to understand what's wrong with the show design. Of course, there is still a lot that could be chaged, but I don't think too much else is changing past this point. It's getting close to finals.

Edited by Gil-galad

I find these statements quite shocking... and almost apalling. heh. I almost think you're joking.

I've tried to keep an open mind about the Cadet's show this year-- but everytime I've seen it-- it seems that the sections that throw the entire concept of the show out of whack are the vocal sections. History Repeating is alright-- but it's an odd music style to throw togather with the rest of the show. And the talking in the drum creak just throws the pacing off.

If History Repeating really is gone-- mucho props to George for being able to understand what's wrong with the show design. Of course, there is still a lot that could be chaged, but I don't think too much else is changing past this point. It's getting close to finals.

I'm going to be really disappointed if they remove the 'History Repeating' and 'tea party' vocals. They don't bother me at all and I thought they were pretty funny.

...Blue Stars -- what are you doing? I don't need a high school kid giving me a history lesson!

:blink::blink::blink: awesome!

Imagine if we had Season Pass and APDs whenever it was that the Cadets had a woodwind out there for early season shows, and took the penalty...

when was that?

From what I saw at the rehearsal yesterday, they were getting rid of all the vocal at the beginning ("History Repeating") and inserting the same Twilight Zone theme/intro from last year's opener. Nothing was said about changing the vocals during the drum break.

In my opinion, the History Repeating singing was okay, and I see what they were trying for, but it didn't help introduce the story that well. I can't stand the vocals during the drum break! They are distracting and completely unnecessary!! (And isn't it embarrassing to them that they have to do a mike check for each of those wireless/headset mikes while setting up for the show?! "Mic check, White Rabbit. Mic check Red Queen." Ugh!! That totally took my mind out of the show.)

The more I think back to what I saw yesterday, the more I start to be 'okay' with the show. Its a cute show. But getting rid of those lines from the characters in the drum break would still be my priority if I was editting this show.

I am 99% sure that never happened. I would imagine that in the case of using a woodwind there wouldn't be a penalty, but a disqualification. Much like marching an overage member.