Change in the Cadets' show

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When a GE judge goes the entire show without mentioning anything about the characters or the 50 pink tables on the field they aren't trying to get the show.

This is true.

But also remember, the fact that the benches are pink has nothing to do with scores. If they were maroon or gold, that should not affect the scores either. Of course, the judges should at least notice the benches and how they are used, and this is part of the reason why they are pink.

Now if only I could find some way to rip Cadets' San Antonio performance from the secure player... if they're taking out History Repeating then I want a copy of the show with it in... sort of like the 1995 show at PoC with the down ending.

Sigh... I would _LOVE_ to have a video of the Preview of Champions Cadets show. I loved that ending, and of all the dozen or so endings they had that year, that was my favorite, and the ending(s?) after that never compared.

No, you need to get a grip on reality, and the irony. Its because you LIKE it that you want to see it in a "warm up" not because its needed. Warm-ups, in case you didnt know, are to get the corps ready for the show, the brass and percussion need to play a little, the guard throws around and stretches a little. No need for a singer to start warbling to entertain YOU.

~G~

Based on my experience in music education - it is important to 'warm up' a voice before signing. Voice is considered an instrument by man music educators.

Just presenting facts.

Glad to see them change the beginning. Their beginning this year was an example to me of exactly the direction I did not want amps/vocals to take us - voice, drill, and NO brass, in fact, don't even get a big hit from them until minutes into the show. I asked corps directors via email when this change hit to not go that direction...and I'm glad to see its not being rewarded as much as Cadets would like. Higher GE scores should not be generated by more vocals and less brass hits. Vocals (if they stay) need to be an enhancement to the overall effect, but not a feature piece. IMO.

Has anyone compared the amount of singing/drumspeaking/whistling/introducing/Bjorking in 05 to the amount of singing/speaking in 06?