perfect pitch

I don't know. I suppose so. I became familiar with synaesthesia in my study of poetry, and how words could be put together in such a way that readers experience simultaneous images and smells, or sounds and smells. I suppose direction could be a sensation that readers could experience, and I can see how that's possible with music.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always been an association for me....

I've always wondered what it's like to associate color...but I think my directional association is waaaaaaayyyy off the beaten path

I don't know. I suppose so. I became familiar with synaesthesia in my study of poetry, and how words could be put together in such a way that readers experience simultaneous images and smells, or sounds and smells. I suppose direction could be a sensation that readers could experience, and I can see how that's possible with music.

Yeah, synesthesia just means senses mixing, so if you see a sound as a color/direction/shape it's synesthesia. What you see doesn't really matter. Or even further, you could smell certain things for certain notes and it would still be synesthesia.

No...general compass directions

G and C both feel east to me

The major triads for both are also east

C minor is east, but G minor points to the southwest

Edited by JMS0527

:lol:

In my world, the only keys possible would be A-flat minor, A minor, B-flat minor

But since single pitches carry the first and foremost association, who knows?