MY rule change proposition

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joining the military is signing up for a job. we don't let kids who work full time instead of DCI audition till they're 25 do we?

you can quit a job if you dont like it. you can also take vacation to march. you also dont get moved around the entire world for your job, and you arent on deployment for 6+ months every year. most jobs also dont have a chance of killing you.. and most jobs are just that.. jobs.

i can tell who hasnt joined the military, or know someone close to them who has.. and probably wont ever join themselves. which is completely fine.... but until youve been there, then you wont know. its that simple.

once again, its the persons choice, so they should deal with it an not be allowed any special priviledges because of what they chose.

too bad we dont have a draft anymore.. id LOVE to see you get sent to the army for a few years and see the things in life that you miss because of what you "chose"

umm... no offence, but i dont really see any protection right now. we're playing offence right now instead of defence.

and its still a job/choice, makes no difference.

i dont mean to turn this into a political thing but how can you say that? do you feel safe at home? are there missles flying over your head? i think you could stand to have a little compassion for people who put their lives on the line.

you can quit a job if you dont like it. you can also take vacation to march. you also dont get moved around the entire world for your job, and you arent on deployment for 6+ months every year. most jobs also dont have a chance of killing you.. and most jobs are just that.. jobs.

i can tell who hasnt joined the military, or know someone close to them who has.. and probably wont ever join themselves. which is completely fine.... but until youve been there, then you wont know. its that simple.

well, it's your choice to sign up... you know the risks and sacrifices, one of them being drum corps.

too bad we dont have a draft anymore.. id LOVE to see you get sent to the army for a few years and see the things in life that you miss because of what you "chose"

But if we had the draft, it wouldn't be a choice, so what you're saying doesn't really apply. Right now, enlisting in the military is definitely a personal decision that anyone of age is free to make. And besides, do you really wish we had a draft?

i dont mean to turn this into a political thing

Too late. This was a political thing from the get-go, whether the OP intended it or not.

But if we had the draft, it wouldn't be a choice, so what you're saying doesn't really apply. Right now, enlisting in the military is definitely a personal decision that anyone of age is free to make. And besides, do you really wish we had a draft?

yes i do.

and yes it would be a choice. you have the choice to leave the country and avoid the draft.