MY rule change proposition

But if we had the draft, it wouldn't be a choice, so what you're saying doesn't really apply. Right now, enlisting in the military is definitely a personal decision that anyone of age is free to make. And besides, do you really wish we had a draft?

I do. I've done my time.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too bad we dont have a draft anymore.. id LOVE to see you get sent to the army for a few years and see the things in life that you miss because of what you "chose"

umm.. if we had a draft, then it wouldnt be a choice anymore, so really your statement isnt valid.

As a society, we offer a great many benefits and special perks to those that serve our country...financial assistance, educational assistance...burial and disability, and so on.

Many times, on almost any form you fill out, you're asked if you've served in the military. It's not the same as any other "normal" vocation.

It's a unique position, and the kids and folks who go off to serve are trading their families and their well being...basically putting their life on hold... for the ability to serve their country.

I think letting them march corps if they want to when they come back is fine. :)

I do. I've done my time.

just bc you've done "your time" doesnt mean you should purge it upon other people.

and the draft pretty much will never comeback, save a VERY extreme circumstance, bc which ever political party votes it in will be destroyed in the election following it.

umm.. if we had a draft, then it wouldnt be a choice anymore, so really your statement isnt valid.

you have the choice to leave this country and avoid the draft. im guessing youll never be joining the military.. and its peoples mentality like yours is one of the reasons why we SHOULD have a draft.

This is actually the last thing I want to get into a debate over, but I'm now moribidly curious. Why do you guys want a draft? So everyone would be forced to suffer through what you chose to suffer through? To make "men" of us? I don't understand.