church supplement during tour

Maybe your kids could make up their own minds :rock: ...I mean, it's not like the a-moral demon that is corps produces some of the most respectable, hard-working and ethical young adults you'll ever meet.

I think you're taking the post the wrong way, but even if that's how they meant it - it's still a parent's job to make decisions for their kids. Kids are not supposed to make up thier own minds.

If a parent feels that there are some bad influences in drum corps (which there are) that they feel their kids aren't mature enough to handle or shouldn't be exposed to, then that's their prerogative to deny them that (regardless of any other benefits they might get).

Edited by bartyount

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're taking the post the wrong way, but even if that's how they meant it - it's still a parent's job to make decisions for their kids. Kids are not supposed to make up thier own minds.

If a parent feels that there are some bad influences (which there are) in drum corps that they feel their kids aren't mature enough to handle or shouldn't be exposed to, then that's their prerogative to deny them that (regardless of any other benefits they might get).

:rock:

If a parent feels that there are some bad influences in drum corps (which there are) that they feel their kids aren't mature enough to handle or shouldn't be exposed to, then that's their prerogative to deny them that (regardless of any other benefits they might get).

Great idea. Kids don't get to make decisions, parents make all the decisions for them! So wittle poopy-kins doesn't have to face the realities of the world or build character by making those big hard decisions all by thems selves....

don't know about most corps... I do know Pioneer goes to church every Sunday though.

~>conner

Not on tour we didn't, but we did go to a local church in the Milwaukee area during winter camps.

If faith is something that you feel like you won't be able to leave behind for a couple months when you go on tour, I'd suggest talking with some of your fellow corps members to see if anybody else shares your beliefs, then maybe having some kind of prayer group or something on Sundays before rehearsal starts. Given the demands on your time during the season, that may be your best bet.

Did you bother reading his post? He said he "didn't push them to do corps". That has nothing to do with actively pushing them to NOT do corps. It just means he did not actively try to get them to do it.

I think the intent was there.

Plus, did you read any of my other responses?

Don't worry, God Loves Drum Corps.

(except the ones that use mics... ^0^ )

Also interesting to note -- in describing the new heavens and new earth, the Bible usually has lots to say about trumpets (brass) but nothing about woodwinds... :P

Great idea. Kids don't get to make decisions, parents make all the decisions for them!

Darn right.

So wittle poopy-kins doesn't have to face the realities of the world or build character by making those big hard decisions all by thems selves....

It's a parents job to determine when their kid is ready and mature enough to handle the realities of the world. That's part of what parenting is.

oh i know that. its just something really important to me ya know. i was fully prepared to not go to church. i was just wondering whether there was something else provided or whether it would be up to me...thats all

Good for you by the way. I'm sure that if you talk to the Corps Director he'll find a way to try and be as accommodating as possible for you in this regard.