what is (your favorite/the best) show in DCI that...

hm... I like 2002 BK quite a bit.

That's the one. ^0^ Vicious.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of my favorite topics of all time. I love when it comes up. I m lucky enough to have all of these shows on video - now converted to DVD.

first and foremost, the number one answer will always, always be:

1983 Geneseo Knights. Awesome in all areas, a sure bet for the top twelve but this is really the only instance where DCI could be cited as have ing a "conspiracy" against the corps.

1982 Geneseo Knights. Almost the same issues in 83 were present in 82, a solid, well rounded show

that was very strong early and scored well, then mystically dropped, severely as sson as they were about to beat some major competitiors.

1983 Troopers. 83 was a great year for corps just outside the top twelve, many of them should have been there. Troopers were one of them. THis show was a full out spectacle complete with solid brass/m&m, guard and vintage trooper moments. You have got to see this show. (airplanes overhead and all )

1982 Valley Fever. Simple, effective, traditional drum corps. Great guard, great music, great marching, another underrated show.

1983 Alliance. This corps and show shocked the east coast by devouring Crossmen, Bridgemen, and 27th Lancers for most of the season in 83. Uniform change, style change, and a great Zingali drill..this corps shoudl have made it to finals in 83 also.

1988 Dutchboy. Color, glamour, power, and GE...what a solid offering, from drill to repetoire, to colorguard. This is one that needs to be seen to be appreciated, you would never, ever guess they were an associate, and not a finalist.

1989 Dutchboy. Same thing with 88, but taken one step forward. All the glits and glamour were there, but this time an aire of maturity and sophistication was felt and seen throughout the entire show. THe "night and day" guard skirts, the enitre guard performance...these shows have got to be seen to be appreciated.

1986 27th Lancers. On the comeback trail, a revitalized Lancers were healty and strong and ready to challenge their way back into the elite. A solid, new guard program, and a style change musically, all was in palce to bring to fruition, but it just wasnt meant to be. Another underrated show that needs to be seen to be appreciated.

1981 Blue Stars. Country Roads, is reason enough to love this show, their brass is another.

1982 North Star. While it was evident to some, and painfully true, North star ws fading but stil had some magic left in them. This sopgisticated North Star was still a crowd pleaser and still possesed that awesone "chrome wall" .

1989 Skyryders. A major change style-wise, uniform wise, and in the guard. "Symphonic metamorphisis" was an outstanding OTL for this corps. Not making finals is still a msytery as you watchthis show full od intricate drill, great brass and absoultely stunning, capable colorguard.

1990 Boston Crusaders. Gold. This was another of thos underrated shows full od power and GE. Typical BAC colorguard but this year was different, they were polished, mature, full of fire......just missing the mark but still presenting an awesome aniversary show.

1987 Freelancers. "SAC" was indeed back, and quite big, and quite good. UNderrated and under apreciated, does anyone rememebr this show ?? Awesome OTL of "Advetures in time" and the brought back "born again" for the closer.....a wonderful, welocme return.

Honorable mention to: 1988, and 1990....possibly the best looking OTL ever.

THeres just too many to mention

~G~

One final entry:

1983 Crossmen. Style change to the max, shakos, and classical music. An intricate drill and solid marching. This show was just too complex and just not clean enough to make it in, thats the ONLY reason I can see and hear for this corps to not make it, One of the best Crossmen shows ever.

1983 Crossmen

I hear ya. Saw the X-men at a July junior/senior show at NJ's Giants Stadium, and they absolutely blew the place apart. Didn't get a chance to see 'em again that summer, and I was very surprised when they didn't make top 12.

Another "almost but not quite" fave of mine: Spirit of JSU's "Ghost Train" from 2001.

Fran

Another "almost but not quite" fave of mine: Spirit of JSU's "Ghost Train" from 2001.

Yes! Finally, a little backup.

1976- 13th thru 23rd

13 Troopers 82.750

14 Garfield Cadets 82.450

15 Royal Crusaders 79.550

16 Marquis 78.950

17 Squires 78.500

18 Argonne Rebels 77.750

19 Kingsmen 76.900

20 Boston Crusaders 75.200

21 Muchachos 74.750

22 Precisionnaires 74.200

23 Argonauts 73.800

In 1976 there were more than 50 Div. I corps

...and in 24th place with a score of 72.8... from Stockton California..... The Commodores!

Along with 1979 Crossmen, 1982 Suncoast and 1983 Geneseo Knights.

Edited by Russellrks

Southwind 2000