I predict, in the year 2013...

1993 Star of Indiana

2003 Blue Devils

2013 ?

I see a trend. Possibly in 2013 a new corp, "Mayan Prophecy" will enter the ranks and revolutionize drum corp. Just food for aversion thought during this hotly contested season. :-)

John

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh. I guess with the world clicking over into the next "cycle" on the Mayan calendar in 2012, Mayan Prophecy's place as DCI champion is assured.

Perhaps they can borrow the guard unis that Madison is using this year. :P

Edited by bawker

Heh. I guess with the world clicking over into the next "cycle" on the Mayan calendar in 2012, Mayan Prohecy's place as DCI champion is assured.

Perhaps you can include Cavaliers 2003 in that mix instead of BD 2003.... they both were second, you know. :) The Cavaliers 2003 is a visual masterpiece, and I think it had a definite impact on the activity. Blue Devils 2003 was a great show, but it wasn't better than many of their other championship and non-championship offerings. I would take Blue Devils 1990, 1996, 2000, and 2004 ANY DAY over Blue Devils 2003. I also don't think Blue Devils 2003 affected the activity in any way other than winning by marching and playing very well.

I find it laughable that you put BD 2003 in the ranks of Star 1993.

well, no offense just, 1993 Star has up until now been my "fav" show. But after watching 2003 BD I have to say there is a tie, because you can't compare apples and oranges. Both shows are masterpieces IMHO. :rock:

Perhaps you can include Cavaliers 2003 in that mix instead of BD 2003.... they both were second, you know.

Hey, I wasn't the one that started the thread..I'm just trying to validate this "end of days" theory the original poster is postulating. :P

Really? I'm not very fond of BD 2003-- it's not a bad show... but BD just isn't one of my favorite corps.

1991 and 1993 Star of Indiana are both far superior in my opinion.

I find it laughable that you put BD 2003 in the ranks of Star 1993.

Wow. I thought it would take at least 5 or 6 posts for people to start throwing insults out over a fun thread like this. Oh well.

Anyway, since BD got 5th in 93 and went on to win a title 10 years later, I'm giving the 2013 championship to the corps that finished 5th in 2003: GO SCV!!!!!!

Wow. I thought it would take at least 5 or 6 posts for people to start throwing insults out over a fun thread like this. Oh well.

Anyway, since BD got 5th in 93 and went on to win a title 10 years later, I'm giving the 2013 championship to the corps that finished 5th in 2003: GO SCV!!!!!!

Broken Arrow, OK

July 17, 2013

SCV (1st place - 99.99) -- This was a wonderful show. The colorguard effectively incorporated incoming meteorite showers into the production. Umbrellas haven't been seen since 1997 Phantom, much less aluminum ones. SCV, always classy, always magical. At the end of the show the audience disappears while the cymbals make a "V".

Aluminum umbrellas? What a time to be alive!