Calling All Snare Drummers

Where have all the snare drummers gone? DCA I&E needs you!!!

Last year we had 27 Snare Individual entries. You needed your own special "beer garden" venue to accomodate you all.

So far this year, we only have 8 entries. What happened? No time to practice? Cold feet?

Unless things change soon, there won't be a Snare-only venue. You will have to share with other percussionists.

Don't let your Snare Individual fans down!!! Enter today!! Time is short. The entry deadline in Saturday, August 19th. See the DCA website at dcacorps.org for entry instructions and rules. If you have any questions, please email me at haringiande@comcast.net.

Barb Haring

DCA I&E Co-coordinator

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where have all the snare drummers gone? DCA I&E needs you!!!

Last year we had 27 Snare Individual entries. You needed your own special "beer garden" venue to accomodate you all.

So far this year, we only have 8 entries. What happened? No time to practice? Cold feet?

Unless things change soon, there won't be a Snare-only venue. You will have to share with other percussionists.

Don't let your Snare Individual fans down!!! Enter today!! Time is short. The entry deadline in Saturday, August 19th. See the DCA website at dcacorps.org for entry instructions and rules. If you have any questions, please email me at haringiande@comcast.net.

Barb Haring

DCA I&E Co-coordinator

Why with only one bad entry year would you cancel something so precious? Can't a winner be picked if there are only 8? I don't think in the early years of I & E there we more than 12. Maybe this is the cream of DCA and everyone else is scared?? Can on snare "COWBOY UP"

Mike Seabrook

Scottsdale, AZ

I'm looking forward to participating! In fact, just today, I set up an "appointment" with someone to help me tune my old Ludwig with mylar heads of which I will be using, I hope! I competed in a State competition years ago and was the only one in my catagory and ya, it was great that I won, but, even if only one other person were there, it still was a "go." I'll buy plenty of beer for folks, so keep the beer garden! :rock:

Hmmmmmm. Maybe I'll do it ... I will decide by Monday.

Lee

p.s. Really.

Go ahead, you can do it!

You can learn the music and drill to march the Renegades show and do a solo at DCA!

I know you can! :D

Go ahead, you can do it!

You can learn the music and drill to march the Renegades show and do a solo at DCA!

I know you can! :D

I probably will, but want to see how my hands feel by Monday, after the camp.

Julie, are you going to DCA?

I think I'm in this contest... I throw my gauntlets in challenge to all ye who hears thee.

I think I'm in this contest... I throw my gauntlets in challenge to all ye who hears thee.

I don't know how practical it is, but you have my interest. I've been munching on my pad for four straight days with seriously weighted sticks getting ready for the Torchlght Parade. Been playing with the Renegades 2005 recordings of triplet diddle, seven and radhost fx, amoung other things. Triplet diddle gets hella fast. I'm sweating at the end, but it's a lot of fun. Also pounding out 100 count rolls. (feels like junior corps again.) ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ B) ^0^ ^0^ ^0^