Charlotte, NC

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just didn't think BK was all that clean... I honestly didn't think they were on the same level as Crown last night. Wow... I don't even know what to think.

what a bunch of crap,,,,3 points in one night. yeah right. judges = <**> and so what else is new

Spirit didn't jump three points in one night, technically - since their afternoon score was 83.8. The lower score was the evening score, that reflected the typical afternoon to evening drop.

Blue Knight's shows always put me to sleep.....and this one kept the trend going....I do notice improvement though....

Spirit didn't jump three points in one night, technically - since their afternoon score was 83.8. The lower score was the evening score, that reflected the typical afternoon to evening drop.

Technically, Spirit's score did jump three points since the last time they were judged (Saturday night). Of course the real issue is a corps' score compared to others. Take a look at the spread between Crown and Spirit from today and last night.

Corps Saturday Sunday

Crown 87.0 86.9

Spirit 81.275 84.1

Spread 5. 725 2.8

I don't see how the decreased spread had anything to do with an "typical afternoon to evening drop".

Sorry, I had my numbers messed up on the first post.

Edited by QuentinTarantino

Technically, Spirit's score did jump three points since the last time they were judged (Saturday night). Of course the real issue is a corps' score compared to others. Take a look at the spread between Crown and Spirit from today and last night.

Corps Saturday Sunday

Crown 87.0 86.9

Spirit 84.1 81.275

Spread 2.9 5.625

I don't see how the decreased spread had anything to do with an "typical afternoon to evening drop".

One, you fixed it (edit)

Two, Crown might have had an awful performance tonight...everyone seems in disbelief they lost to BK. What are the other spread changes like?

Edited by Bluefan

I don't think it is shocking to believe BK could top Crown.

BK is doing some great things as a musical ensemble, they probably drum better and the only thing that stood out to me in Atlanta was that they were a little dirty marching. Their demand is greater and if they were on tonight and Crown wasn't, this was very, very plausible.

Plus, for a home show, perhaps Crown "over-energized" and had a rough go? Dunno but perhaps a review will shed some light.

I find it interesting that on one hand, people want the "Any given Show...Corps A vs. Corps B" but then are shocked and dismayed when this actually happens!

Peace!

Whatever the case I'm still glad to hear that Spirit's score is back up, although it may go down again :(

(DCI) NightBEAT, Charlotte, NC

July 30, 2006

Place Corps Score

DIVISION I

1 Blue Devils 93.300

2 Bluecoats 91.050

3 Blue Knights 86.950

4 Carolina Crown86.900

5 Spirit from JSU84.100

6 Capital Regiment79.200

7 The Magic 73.450

Review coming tomorrow...but, yeah, BK earned this one tonight. Both Crown and BK were hot.

Oh, and... Marine drum and bugle corps = 100.0. Swept all captions. Worth the price of admission alone. :)