Crossmen, Blue Stars or Capital Regiment?

Cap Reg, Blue Stars or Crossmen...  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Very close in Atlanta, Who will come out on top in Allentown?

• Blue Stars
    • Capital Regiment
    • Crossmen

dome hurt bones.

will be closer to

the top 12 pack by allentown.

Dome definately hurt Crossmen, but it also hurt Capital, their drum score dropped way down and picked right back up the next night with the same judge. I think anything that bones picks up outside CR will as well. It should be another tight finish. I voted for Capital, but at this point, I say too close to call. I say a close one in Allentown and Capital in Madison? Why? Well, I'll be joining the tour in Columbus and with me on board, how could they loose? B)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart tells me the Blue Stars and my mind tells me the Crossmen. Of course with my luck

that makes 2 of us :)

So What does everyone think? Provide reasons as to who you think will rise to the occasion this weekend.

Crossmen. :)

Bones will be there. It's a home show for them with plenty of alumni and fans in attendance. Last year Crossmen had a standing ovation in Allentown just for marching onto the field!

I voted for Crossmen but went back and checked the score progression since July 1st and Capital Regiment is on a major upswing. They will probably pass the bones if not in Allentown then in Madison.

I saw both domed performances in person and noticed a bigger improvement in Capital...........but have kids of friends in bones.

IMO (I know - overused)

that's because it is a homeshow for them

I voted Capital Regiment, but after remembering that Allentown is a home show for them and how up they are every year for this show, I think Crossmen will edge out the other two very narrowly. In Madison CR will pass up Crossmen.

Does it really matter? All three are terrific. Regardless of the outcome, we all win! Three great performances of three great shows by three terrific corps. God, I love drum corps!!!!!!

Does it really matter? All three are terrific. Regardless of the outcome, we all win! Three great performances of three great shows by three terrific corps. God, I love drum corps!!!!!!

Agreed! (But still pulling for Capital Regiment!) B)

that's because it is a homeshow for them

Needless to say, the hometown show factor has NO direct impact upon the judges. But it DOES affect the psyche of the performers. In this case, the Allentown crowd should absolutely inspire Crossmen. As it did last night in Bensalem. Crowd response was VERY positive there; and it elevated the psyche, and consequently the performance achievement, of Crossmen. This may/should happen again tonight in Giants Stadium. And again in Westchester on Fri and Allentown on Sat. If so, Crossmen could/should have four VERY improved performances in a row, and set them up for a positive run for themselves in Madison. I commend Crossmen staff this year for their guts to entertain the audience while still putting out a substantive and worthwhile program. DC needs more shows like this.

Jim

ps Go Bridgemen in Allentown!

• 4 weeks later...