No love for Pittsburg tonight?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back, the show was awesome......I will have a complete writeup in the review section later tonight or early tomorrow morning. I took pictures of my adventure, hehehe

PHANTOM'S ENCORE WAS INCREDIBLE! Canon and then New World from 89..... :wall:

Edited by dciguy01

I just got back from there. Here's the scores:

Phantom 93.4

Boston 87.55

Southwind 75.9

Cascades 74.7

Magic 73.2

Pioneer 69.45

Spartans (D2 sheet) 85.95

Cap. Sound (D3 sheet) 62.25

Just some quick thoughts I had: Cap. Sound gets a lot of sound out of just 14 brass. Spartans' show is very good. I would think they're in contention again this year for the D2 title. Magic's ballad with the ribbons is a lot smoother now than it was earlier in the month. They really struggle with that visual for a while. Cascades surprised me with thier show. I'm not sure why they're not scoring better. Cool ending but the sheet didn't cover the entire corps tonight. Southwind's show got a very good response from the crowd. They have a lot of cool visuals with the b/w contrast and the contrasting blues and purples in the guard's uniforms too. The shakos make them look taller and extend the effects nicely. This is my third look at Crusaders and they keep getting better and cleaner. I like the finished cathedral arches too. Makes the contrast with the guard's flags even greater. PR has a monster show on their hands now. I saw it 7-7 and it's on steriods compared to the beginning of the month. They've added a curtain ala '91 to the beginning of the show and the graphic novel-type artwork on the equipment blinds really sets the tone. I didn't realize they sopranos trade for baritones in Ava Maria. Now wonder the sound is so full. The additions to the angel uniforms since I saw them last are good. When the guard holds the corps back so the girl can resurect is a great moment in the finale. Several people around me said that was maybe thier cleanest show so far too. If they can get to within 1 point of Cavies for visual I think it's thier title to win or lose. Plus PR's encore may be the greatest ever: Spartacus (the elderly woman sitting next to me must've jumped a foot in the air when they hit that first note) ^0^ , Canon, New World's final movement and Elsa's Procession. Great show tonight by all!

DCI) Three Rivers SUMMER MUSIC GAMES, Pittsburgh, PA

July 31, 2006

Place Corps Score

DIVISION I

1 Phantom Regiment 93.450

2 Boston Crusaders 87.550

3 Southwind 75.900

4 Seattle Cascades 74.700

5 The Magic 73.200

6 Pioneer 69.450

DIVISION II

1 Spartans 85.950

DIVISION III

1 Capital Sound 62.250

You beat me to it. I type too slow and talk to much.

I didn't realize they sopranos trade for baritones in Ava Maria. Now wonder the sound is so full.

dude.... i promise i dont mean this in a mean way or anything... no offense intended at all... but i really just need to ask you...

WHAT ROCK HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING UNDER FOR THE LAST 3 MONTHS?!?!

this totally reminds me of the guy who wrote in late july last year something about

"whoa! i just noticed that madison has a female guard girl this year! thats crazy!"

(yeah someone really said that last year around this time)

snip<< Spartacus (the elderly woman sitting next to me must've jumped a foot in the air when they hit that first note) ^0^ >>snip

Funny – they did that 25 years ago when we played the first note, too! ^0^ Nice to know it still works! :wall:

dude.... i promise i dont mean this in a mean way or anything... no offense intended at all... but i really just need to ask you...

WHAT ROCK HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING UNDER FOR THE LAST 3 MONTHS?!?!

this totally reminds me of the guy who wrote in late july last year something about

"whoa! i just noticed that madison has a female guard girl this year! thats crazy!"

(yeah someone really said that last year around this time)

So it escaped me previously. Go fiddle while Rome burns :P

Encore was just $$$$! Good night for drum corps. If it wasn't for the venue....