Cadets are AWESOME!

The Dead Can Dance number is easily the best use of voice since the amps rule was added. Tasteful, and generally well done (though they shouldn't rush into the next segment after the fermata, imho...). Not saying I want to encourage others to try it, but they're doing it very well.

Edited by mobrien

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really love this years show. I wasn't expecting to at the beginning of the season, but I really do love it. I think they are going to edge out Bluecoats and Phantom by the end of the season. I think they have the best drumline, and tied for 2nd best visual- tied with SCV behind Cavies. Overall a very nice performance this year. I like the intro change, and if they just cut out a few more of the spoken lines, would have my favorite drum break of the year. They have what sounds like could be the most talented drumline out there, I'd love to hear a little more of them!!!!!

So much going on visually, can't wait to see this show 3 times next week, and hopefully catch everything going on-at least the dvds I can watch over and over again.

Definitely one of my most listened to apds this year.

After seeing it in Atlanta, I felt The Cadets should have been either 3rd or 4th. Bluecoats were snoozefest 2006, and Phantom Regiment had extreme feet problems and huge music emsemble tears. OOPS.

Oh, you've done it now!

My only comment is that under all the "stuff" there is a very good corps there. Hopefully they are eliminating some of that "stuff" so we can see the good drum corps they are.

The Cadets show marks the first time I have EVER been happy to hear a voice-over ("amps" could be for the pit and stuff, so I'll call it that) - the singer in the ballad. I don't like the extra-long percussion feature or the "I saw this two hours ago" stuff, but this show, I feel, has the most emotional music in the top 5. The ending is one of the best I've ever heard.

g0at already mentioned it, but I too love the transition from the drum feature into the ballad. The battery writing and performance there is outstanding.

After seeing it in Atlanta, I felt The Cadets should have been either 3rd or 4th. Bluecoats were snoozefest 2006, and Phantom Regiment had extreme feet problems and huge music emsemble tears. OOPS.

Actually, one thing I have heard almost noone mention is the tpt feature for Phantom (lots of double tonging). I saw it twice and both times it was quite sloppy, but then again, this thread is about The Cadets.

Go Cadets!

Edited by TXMystreaux