Spitvalves Gone Wild Is Just Beginning

Put on your tinfoil hats and prepare for the ride of your life.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put on your tinfoil hats and prepare for the ride of your life.

Are you using psychotronic radiation to try to reverse mind control on me? Right? I know your are! ARRRG!! It will never work. I have better alternative. Lead deflector bennies are more friendly and friendly looking.

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/alternatives.html

Sarcasim off. The mostly likely alternative regarding drum corps tours will be live broadcast from the 6 to 12 corps local indoor basketball courts ala WGI to a theater near you. Carefully edited to in a Olympic style show format would work. Ala Tom Blair and team. Not to mention existing normal Summer season migrating to the Winter and Spring Season if school sessions continue their crusade for year around expansion.

Mom

Edited by Snapettes Mom

interesting topic, thanks Mom for bringing it up. Still skeptical about when the peak will hit, but I do believe its going to happen, even the oil companies do (Marathon CEO said it in his inteview on the Chi Tribune online documentary). When gas is $5/gal next year and 7 the following year and 10 or 12 year after that etc then I think we will know that peak has been hit.

As far as it being hippie irrelevance, time to wake up and smell the roses... China and India are soon going to surpass the USA in oil consumption... and the demand is going to outstrip the supply. I agree, drum corps as we know it is eventually doomed by this unless the entire world finds an energy supply and #### quick too.

OK, I'm gonna bite on this one, just because I have to:

Speaking as a farming family, this country has a renewable, unlimited resource right here that we could rely on for all our fuel needs, if we would just get off the fossil fuel ### and accept it. I'm talking CORN FUEL! E85...ever hear of it? 85% corn alcohol. IMHO and the opinion of most farmers, the only reason it isn't being developed any faster is because the oil companies have their hands too deeply in the pockets of politicians...and THAT is coming from a dedicated Republican.

OK, I'm gonna bite on this one, just because I have to:

Speaking as a farming family, this country has a renewable, unlimited resource right here that we could rely on for all our fuel needs, if we would just get off the fossil fuel ### and accept it. I'm talking CORN FUEL! E85...ever hear of it? 85% corn alcohol. IMHO and the opinion of most farmers, the only reason it isn't being developed any faster is because the oil companies have their hands too deeply in the pockets of politicians...and THAT is coming from a dedicated Republican.

If oil prices for whatever reason reach those values in today dollars, certainly other alternatives will make it to market - they'll be cost competitive at that point. Assuming government stays largely out of the fray and let's the market work.

Alarmist poppycock IMHO. Drum corps will live on.