with just over a week to go............

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

did I studder ? it's pretty simplistic...

there's just not as much left in the cadets "show" to improve ( how much straighter can you carry the ridiculous pink tables while not playing or marching? )

SCV has more points to clean, since they have a real show that was made to challange the members and staff and peak at DCI, rather than an ego-mastrabatory "show" to aggrandize the "designer".

I like this dude :blink:

the Cadets are just fundamentally better...in marching, in execution, even with intonation
So Cadets, who have trailed in msotly execution captions all summer, have no more "points to clean"?

What we have here - is a failure - to communicate.... ($1 to Cool Hand Luke)

I haven't seen them, so which is it - are they clean or are they dirty?

there's just not as much left in the cadets "show" to improve ( how much straighter can you carry the ridiculous pink tables while not playing or marching? )

SCV has more points to clean, since they have a real show that was made to challange the members and staff and peak at DCI, rather than an ego-mastrabatory "show" to aggrandize the "designer".

hah, masturbatory...

I don't think anybody doubts the difficulty of SCV's drill this year. But they are two very different programs with their individual strengths.

No, you did not stutter. . .we just disagree.

You obviously have a beef with the show, especially since you seem to think there is not much demand in it, which leads me to wonder how much you have actually paid attention to it, if you have actually seen it at all.

Back to the original point. . .how can you say Cadets have nowhere to go when they trail mostly in execution categories?

What we have here - is a failure - to communicate.... ($1 to Cool Hand Luke)

I haven't seen them, so which is it - are they clean or are they dirty?

Even without seeing it, just looking at recaps. . .they trail those ahead of them most based on execution problems.

No, you did not stutter. . .we just disagree.

You obviously have a beef with the show, especially since you seem to think there is not much demand in it, which leads me to wonder how much you have actually paid attention to it, if you have actually seen it at all.

Back to the original point. . .how can you say Cadets have nowhere to go when they trail mostly in execution categories?

OK -- I see you're from texas so

I ' L L T Y P E R E A L S L O W . . .

CADET SHOW STUPID AND EASY

SCV SHOW GOOD AND HARD

HARD SHOW TAKE LONGER TO CLEAN

BETTER SHOW WINS AT DCI

I paid total attention to both shows in denver two weeks ago from 2 rows behind the upstairs judges.

I've been watching both of these corps since before you were potty trained.

It's not a difference of opinion, it's a difference of sapience.

SCV SHOW GOOD AND HARD

BETTER SHOW WINS AT DCI

I paid total attention to both shows in denver two weeks ago from 2 rows behind the upstairs judges.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...whoa. Lois, this is not my Batman glass. But seriously, the Cadets show may be the worst drum corps show I've personally seen, but the difficulty level of those brass and percussion books are on a completely different level than Vanguard, and they're executing better than Vanguard. Who has the better show? Vanguard, obviously, but the Cadets program, at least musically, is significantly harder than Santa Clara's, who I might add has been watering down their brass book like there's no tomorrow. I think Vanguard's show this year is absolutely spectacular, but this is the truth.

SCV SHOW GOOD AND HARD

BETTER SHOW WINS AT DCI

Firstly, No need for the CAPS.

Secondly, Cadets show is far more difficult and demanding than SCV and is performed at a higher level. There shouldn't be any debate on that.

Lastly, Both have great shows - Enjoy them both.

SCV SHOW GOOD AND HARD

BETTER SHOW WINS AT DCI

Ware is you frum?

Ewe be talkin all fansee and stuf.

Us Texus hicks kneed u 2 com ejukate all uv us.