Observation of 2 shows

ummmmmmm...to my understanding, he was only talking about this year....and the way they are getting passed up by others would indicate their "ship is sinking".

The ship is sailing strong. . .3rd place, 6th place, who cares.

The only corps they have gotten passed up by that is usually not a powerhouse is Bluecoats. . .so not sure where you're coming up with that logic either.

They're not going anywhere, and they will come back strong.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only corps they have gotten passed up by that is usually not a powerhouse is Bluecoats. . .so not sure where you're coming up with that logic either.

I can't wait for the Zone, Pt. 3/BOA fest. At least they won't "reek of "catch me if you can" as someone else stated.

Got this from a friend of mine:

"Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can play weird--that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple complicated is commonplace--making the complicated simple, awesomely simple--that's creativity. "

– Charles Mingus (late American jazz composer and pianist)

this year? lol because that's all I was refering to. and 1st to 6th is a sizable move if it goes that far...

I can't wait for the Zone, Pt. 3/BOA fest. At least they won't "reek of "catch me if you can" as someone else stated.

It's an interesting question...by competitive standards, this year is a down one for the Cadets. Will they go further out on a limb again in 2007, or might they reign it in and try to come back with something more traditional?

The off season ought to have enough drama to keep DCP going for a while. :P

Edited by bawker

Real classy there. Thanks.

Cavies do the robot. The Robot > all :P

I find both shows to be so different - I loved both and was amazed by both for very different reasons. Both corps take their respective show themes/concepts and just run with it.

Edited by arno0940

I find both shows to be so different - I loved both and was amazed by both for very different reasons. Both corps take their respective show themes/concepts and just run with it.

I second that. While each show is very different, I think each show is awesome and extremely entertaining.

I guess in summation I felt the Cavaliers show was quite simple where Cadets had more depth and difficulty to the product.

Cavaliers simple? Man you need to see this show in person. Most of what they show on Season pass is the ballad section, the rest of the show is amazing. Cadets is difficult because they have to drag those tables around and stand on them. The Cavaliers are definitely not simple!!! But oyu are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it could be.