Allentown 2007 Dates

I guess of those 4, I'd go with Maryland, then Hartford CT- that's a pretty nice stadium too.

Rutgers loses points in my book for being in Jersey :P

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so if Allentown is the 7th, then that would make the order of the regionals go something like this:

Allentown

Atlanta (spoke to Ed Dempsey at WGI finals and he said they would be going back there in '07)

San Antonio

Glendale AZ (new Cardinals' stadium)

Pasadena

Wonder where Kalamazoo and Indy would fit into that rotation?

The last time I was at Maryland they didn't have that upper deck, my got that picture makes it almost look straight up in the air! Was that there when DCI finals were in Maryland?
Yes. I sat about 6 rows from the top of the upper deck and had an excellent view of the Capitol building! :P Seriously though, it was too high up to experience any sort of real emotional connection with the corps. So, if they decide to go there, definitely avoid seats in the upper half of the upper deck.

Maryland:

byrd-stadium-400x267.jpg

YUMMY!!!

In all seriousness, though. I would only do Maryland if we could fill it and make it not feel so big. That is going to be pretty difficult if the show is toward the beginning of season like it will be next year. Sooooo......

If Finals are East Coast, put "Allentown" later and have it at MD

If Finals are not, go elsewhere

As for second place, which of the four is closest to Allentown? Might be nice for DCI to try an maintain some of thier "regional" fans and not move it to Maine or something

Ok, so if Allentown is the 7th, then that would make the order of the regionals go something like this:

Allentown

Atlanta (spoke to Ed Dempsey at WGI finals and he said they would be going back there in '07)

San Antonio

Pasadena

As posted on DCI Website:

Next year’s Southeastern Championship is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, July 14, 2007.

Allentown

San Antonio

Pasadena

As posted on the DCI Website:

Next year’s Southeastern Championship is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, July 14, 2007.

YUMMY!!!

In all seriousness, though. I would only do Maryland if we could fill it and make it not feel so big. That is going to be pretty difficult if the show is toward the beginning of season like it will be next year. Sooooo......

If Finals are East Coast, put "Allentown" later and have it at MD

If Finals are not, go elsewhere

As for second place, which of the four is closest to Allentown? Might be nice for DCI to try an maintain some of thier "regional" fans and not move it to Maine or something

Last night even with the upper deck closed the two outside sections on both sides were empty. I realize they are not good seats, but they have been more full in the past even with the upper deck closed. U of D is a great choice for those mentioned above. In addition it looks most like Allentown. As far as seating the home side is bigger then Allentown and we certainly do not need any more.

Allentown

San Antonio

Pasadena

Maybe no San Antonio? Since they are going to do AZ. In that case you could put Indy or K-zoo where SA is.

YUMMY!!!

Ding ding ding.

Rutgers is only 1.5 hours away from Allentown according to Google maps and the stadium is just the right size for a regional. UConn would be nice too, but it's a little further away. Edited by boilerman_05