Mon Valley Express

After hearing about this from my mini-me last night, I'm just glad I had a bottle of Bacardi & some gin to calm me down... I can honestly say that Mon Valley has been one of THE biggest things in my life and there's no way I can let it die now. After I graduated high school, I went through a music withdrawl, basically. I didn't have a contra to play and the only drum corps music I ever heard was on my burned CD's. I jumped into MVE and I've enjoyed every minute on & off the field with the great group of people I've been lucky enough to meet.

Music is in my blood and I just don't know what to do next...

Reading?

~>conner

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you guys get fined for pulling out of the shows? if you're broke, that only makes things worse.

Really sorry to hear about you guys having to pull out.

Hope to see you back in 07 :)

That would be corps business between them and DCA. I think the Mon Valley people would not want to discuss that here.

I dunno, i think other small corps who live on a shoestring should be aware of potential issues if they too get burned on a bus issue that basically breaks the bank

Reading?

~>conner

Man, thinking what's out in that corner of the state and :( .

About 4-5 hours to Reading and Rochester for competative corps. But MVE seemed to have that small corps family type feel from the posts I read. Geez, can think of 3 Alumni corps in a shorter drive but no no competative corps. Again MVE was filling a big empty hole in that area for DC. :(

Sorry to hear about MVE not continuing on for the remainder of 2006. Hope to see MVE back up and performing in 2007.

IF NOT ... RIP MVE !!!

Just to re-emphasise MVE is not folding, its withdrawing from competition activities.Under the current circumstances we have to rethink our priorities, and we have had much more success, with making our members happy, doing indoor and local performances.We still have 25 members, a building, bus, truck

uniforms and all the equipment we'll ever need.We're looking at it as a fresh start and a new direction.

Where it leads us, you're going to have to wait and see.

Edited by jeff danchik

Parades can be productive, perhaps take a year to build the finances and come back again.

Also I know that the Rooney's in Pittsburgh (steelers owners) are very found of marching bands, perhaps you could attempt to perform halftime at a game (My Girlfriends HS did)

Parades can be productive, perhaps take a year to build the finances and come back again.

Also I know that the Rooney's in Pittsburgh (steelers owners) are very found of marching bands, perhaps you could attempt to perform halftime at a game (My Girlfriends HS did)

that spurs a thought for MVE,.....................................we were contacted about a year or so ago about participating in a corps to perform at Steelers games as the "Steeler Corps",............similar to the Redskins Band,...................................the contact came to us through Steve at DCW,.................