DCA I&E Choruses? Please help!

Does anyone have any clue what this is? Is it a short program mini corps type of thing or do we now have singing in DCA??????????????????????? <**>

We've had a chorus competition at DCA I&E's since I've been in the activity. I have several medals from said event. It's better than ever before now because of groups like the CorpsVets and Minnesota Brass kicking it up a notch.

Does anyone have any clue what this is? Is it a short program mini corps type of thing or do we now have singing in DCA??????????????????????? <**>

Well, whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not add vampire lesbians.

It's been there for a long time.

It's been there for a long time.

Actually it has been there from day one. I put this category in the first year because there are many fine Alumni Choruses arond the country.

Now many of the Competitive Corps have taken it up, most recent Champion, Corps Vets.

Not sure how many entries we have this year, but I know we have enough for a contest. Always enjoyable to the fans.

I know what you mean. Everytime I turn on the radio and people use those vocal cord things - yeah I just retch.

It's been in forever and stayed in I&E and nowhere else - I just don't see the problem.

Edited by radiosteele

Actually it has been there from day one. I put this category in the first year because there are many fine Alumni Choruses arond the country.

Now many of the Competitive Corps have taken it up, most recent Champion, Corps Vets.

Not sure how many entries we have this year, but I know we have enough for a contest. Always enjoyable to the fans.

.....and we at Archer Epler (3 times DCA Champs) were grateful you did ####. That 4th year loss to Minnesota was a toughie, but well judged and well earned. Remember what they won with? "Someone to Watch Over Me"

Jim Cossetti

Archie '62-'95

Blue Rock (staff) '69-'74

Reilly Raiders/Musketeers '68

Reilly Raiders '00-'03

The Music Express '05-current

RB3 '06-current

WDCHOF 2002

It was only logical that we honor the great tradition of drum corps... by honoring the groups who have lended their voices to be part of the total activity... Drum corps was never just about what happened on the field... it was the comradery and friendships (lifelong) that developed among corps and individual members... it was about the drum corps family.

Most often this was nurtured at the post contest party where vocalization (on a very high level I might mention) was sure to develop. Indeed, it became a contest after the contest with each corps often trying to out do the other.

Memories of Phil Cerimeli leading the Syracuse Brigadiers through "You'll Never Walk Alone", their theme song almost from its inception on the Broadway stage were indelibly etched in my brain as I grew up in the drum corps family.

The tradition lives on at DCA I&E.