The Future -- Hop's Blog

I have emailed George, and will continue to do so.

As for YEA losing money on Crossmen, I would have to say that during the "revamp," maybe some forethought needs to be put in to how much is allocated to each corps. I have no idea if Cadets' budget is double what Crossmen's is or not, but if one of the big challenges for Crossmen is staff retention, then that may be partially due to not being able to pay them a competitive salary.

I have seen the numbers posted someplace on the YEA! site in the past...off season. Maybe the guidestar report has more????

Staff retention IS key...and it starts at the top. I also think success builds on success with regards to staff retention.

While people have commented here and there on BAC and Crown's involvement pre and post YEA, I have to wonder if those two corps breaking out from under the YEA umbrella was more positive then detrimental.

Well, their arrangements were nothing at all like the Xmen...who are a totally owned subsidiary of YEA!. The others were limited contractual deals for ordering stuf and auditions...more of an "arms length" kind of thing.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From Hop's 8/7/06 blog:

- FUTURE

- I have meeetings on the 24th, the 2nd, and a board retreat. I have decided to propose a revamping of YEA! so that we can do what we do ... better

Translation: Because we, meaing the corps, weren't given the numbers that we, again the corps, were suppose to get for our show this year, we, mainly me, will brainstorm on how we, again me, can change and/or add some rules/guidelines that would be advantagous to me...I mean, the corps. :laugh:

Edited by sburstall

Um, good try on your comparison, but Crossmen are wearing BLACK this year and switched back to black from gray in '04. :P

LOL - see, that's what happens when they don't make Finals - you forget whatever changes a corps has made. :P

(on reflection, I do remember seeing them in black last year, though the unis didn't read that well from the stands. Those old grey unis were so poorly considered that they must have lodged themselves in me head...).

I'd hope that Scott L can stick with them and get them on track, but it's gonna be a tough row to hoe. Each year you miss Finals makes it harder to recruit the top talent. In essence, they need to do what Cadets did after the '79 season and put together a 3-year plan for getting into contention for first. Do-able, but probably harder now than it was 25 years ago.

Translation: Because we weren't given the numbers that we were suppose to get for our show this year, we, mainly me, will brainstorm on how we can change and/or add some rules/guidelines that would be advantagous to us.

:laugh:

the biggest thing that can help Crossmen is staff continuity. if you keep changing staff every year or so, you get no consistency

"Revolving Door at Bones":

BINGO!!! He shoots, he scores :laugh:

Elphaba

Translation: Because we weren't given the numbers that we were suppose to get for our show this year, we, mainly me, will brainstorm on how we can change and/or add some rules/guidelines that would be advantagous to us.

b**bs :laugh::laugh: :lolhit: