Finals Week Discussion

Prelims for D2/3 are now up. Looks like some shakeups going on. There could be more if directors take advantage of the 1 point/2 caption change.

Congrats for Star of Hawaii and VK³ who are sitting on the catbird seat. The last to go on. Can they retain that position for Semi's?

Edited by sburstall

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great show last night for SOH. CG is really carrying us now. I am afraid we may be peaking too soon.

Had to re-write drill again over the weekend to compensate for soprano holes....down to 9 sops which is hurting in the musaac department. Will see how it goes at Semi's.

You think you're peaking. We slid into Semi-Finals by the hairs on our chins (Bleu Knights and Seattle Explorers). It wasn't until this last drill re-write (caption change) that our scores went up. Hopefully our semi-finals show will put us higher, or keep us in a comfort zone. BK barely made semi-s so they are fighting for more.

You think you're peaking. We slid into Semi-Finals by the hairs on our chins (Bleu Knights and Seattle Explorers). It wasn't until this last drill re-write (caption change) that our scores went up. Hopefully our semi-finals show will put us higher, or keep us in a comfort zone. BK barely made semi-s so they are fighting for more.

Way to bump me! :P

It was a great show last night for SOH. CG is really carrying us now. I am afraid we may be peaking too soon.

Had to re-write drill again over the weekend to compensate for soprano holes....down to 9 sops which is hurting in the musaac department. Will see how it goes at Semi's.

Nine sops?? What happen?? :huh:

Nine sops?? What happen?? :huh:

Food poisoning....I think we have an infiltrator from another corps in our Mess trailer.

Last night I guess the judges got us confused with Edison or vice versa. For Finals we will change the length of our show to 11:13..maybe that will help :)

Edited by BAA-GA

Now you do know that Edison and Hawaii tied? I allowed it to happen this time, BUT I won't for finals. So changes will need to be done (or not).

LOL, this is almost like playing rock, paper, scissors. Who will change first. LOL

Some big shakeups at prelims- Overdrive, the midwest champion, is out after one round, as is Phantom Blue, who had been giving a lot of people cause for alarm.

SOJ won round 1 over it's international brothers Cross. There has been a lot of smack talking heading into finals between the 2 Star Org corps. Side bets about shaving heads. Will see how this goes tonight.

I was surprised too that Phantom Blue didn't get thru. Gave us heck all season. Not sure what happened last night.