Who will win the Spirit of Disney Award?

blue devils, cause isnt spirit of disney award more like the maybe next year award :ph34r:

I'am with the above quotation. :)

Go BDs!

rimshotTerrance

Edited by Terrance I.McGee

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavies are a pretty hard lock. Just the right amount of showmanship and cheese. The Green gets more green.

I don't know if this award goes to DCI in general or just Division 1 BUT I would have to go with DUTCH BOY !!!!

They took a big chance going with SOUTH PARK: THE MOVIE and from what I've heard did a great job with the music !!!

I've only seen shows on YOU TUBE, and I've not seen Bluecoats-but I'd like to believe there is something special about perservering and being truly in the mix.

I find it difficult to believe, although I've loved the all of Godfathers (not just because my parents are from Italy) I don't feel that Disney would appreciate what the content involved in this story-having nothing to do with the BD show.

Who picks that? I don't remember that piece of the award?!!??

I found it absolutely fabulous, and if only for the music, this might end up being one of my favorite BD shows, although there are so many favorites from 76 on that there is no long or short list for me! I'll take all of them.

That also goes for most of the Cadets show.....some Hall of Famers say when they see Cadets march in, they always think that they are the continuing DNA of 2-7. Take it for what it's worth....an opinion.

But I understand totally and respect those opinions! I love that idea.... :ph34r:

Edited by LancerFi

I thought Spirit of Disney was supposed to be a real crowd pleasing show. Cadets are doing a better job at that now than earlier in the season, but I think a lot of people, rightly or wrongly, despise their show.

Cavies would be deserving but here's my personal choice: Crossmen. Does it HAVE to be a Finals corps?

No, it's for the real Disney pleasing show, which usually involves gimmicks, and usually goes to a top 6 corps. Audience reaction doesn't mean too much, or Phantom would've gotten it over The Cavies in 03. That's just one example. Actually, I don't think it's ever gone below that, otherwise I'd say Crossmen, too. In short, the Disney award is just weird. :ph34r:

From my DCI program 2006 :)

"The "Spirit of Disney" Award erecognizes one outstanding drum corps in each division for it's ability to translate imagination into an educational and fun forum for all participants, to utilize new ideas and techniques, and to provide great entertainment value for the audience.

While discipline and strict adherence to guidelines are essentaial for a sccessful drum performance, winners of the "Spirit of Disney" Award demonstrate more. Their performance also reveals the showmanship, creativity, and entertainment appeal of imaginative people.

Because the name "Walt Disney" is synonymous with innovative and creative family entertainment of the highest quality, the "Spirit of Disney" Award challenges performers to refelct those standards as they reach for new heights in gaining a fuller awareness of the entertainment industry."