Southwind

I'm very sad to see that SW did not make semis. They have (well had) a terrific show this year and had a LOT of moments in their show from a musical and visual standpoint that really stand out from the vast majority of corps. It really speaks to the high level of competition in DCI '06 when a show like SW's got nudged from semis. Regardless, it's still one of my favorites from this year and I'll be watching/replaying it over and over again on my CD player in November. I wish em the best next year :)

Edited by dciguy01

Actually, I thought their show was well designed and performed. I am sad they did not make Semis.

On the other hand, I'm happy to see the Mandarins make semis for the second year in a row.

SW did have a very good show though. Shows how strong the lower third is becoming.

Edited by Guizeppe

SW impressed the #### out of me. Besides Phantom, SCV, BD and Cavies, they were the only other corps that truly made an impression on me. Well, the short clip of AA made me do a double take and I'll rememeber the Cadets for other reasons but I digress.

SW has nothing to be ashamed of this year and I actually thought they got a little ripped by not making the cut. They've got a new fan out here on the West Coast.

Southwind was great. Too bad the season ended too soon.

I really think this is a tough year for anybody under the top 6. I'm still amazed that there is only a 10 point spread in the top 12. There is a lot of good corps out there. Good for everybody. I hope the community as a whole can continue to recruit such great talent.