Quarterfinals random thoughts and observations

After seeing the show tonight, I can't believe Regiment is .8 beind BD in GE! That's absured. Yes, I think BD should be on top, but that spread is too much.

I thought the Cavi's would be a bit cleaner tonight.. still, the show is awesome. The title is theres to lose.

I dig BD's show, but it's just lacking something... I can't put my finger on what though.

Cadets show is starting to grow on me. Thier visual is super clean, I can't wait to see the recaps.

Here comes SCV.

Some of the goofiest drum major faces I have ever seen.

The interview wth the dude from SCV... classic!

Favorite moment... Cap Regiment frisbee toss!

Edited by Newseditor44

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May I add That this is quite possibly one of the most competitive and quality Drum Corps years ever.....Everything is so tight, so great, man i was blown away by tonights performances.....I would be happy with any combination of corps in the top 3, Kudos DCI

Here comes SCV.

I think you mean, "Here comes SCV's pit."

We couldn't hear the brass or battery at all when the pit was playing. Yes, it was a horrid mix and it showed in the theater. I guess it couldn't have been that bad live, since thier ensemble music scores didn't suffer.

I was pretty disappointed, as I really wanted to hear them play. The visual program was pretty amazing though.

Other notes:

Carolina Crown was much better than the score they recieved.

The camera angles chosen for both Blue Devils and the Cavaliers were horrid...they missed almost all of the key "moments".

The camera angles chosen for both Blue Devils and the Cavaliers were horrid...they missed almost all of the key "moments".

I agree!!! I was sooo ###### when they completely (almost as if on purpose) missed those great visual moments, I wanted all the people in the theatre to see what i had been following all season, but they missed out unfortunately

Very impressed with some of the corps I hadn't seen yet.

Vanguard: I liked it quite a bit. Love the green pants. Yelled my face off for the Vanguard Yell- some folks chuckled, but man! was it worth it!! b**bs

Madison- WOW. For a show that's not scoring as high as one would expect from them...very very impressed. Good ballad, good music overall. Visual was also great.

BAC- Great, great ballad. Liked the concept; welcome back to the top 8, guys.

Cadets: not as bad as I expected, but some stuff still got lost in all the action. I actually found myself listening to the singer instead of the horns. I really love the horn parts, and I don't like the singing as much as I thought I did. Oh, and I feel bad for the guy who has to run around with ears on all summer. Poor wabbit. The battery was SICK!! Wow. The stick toss had the theater clapping! And the hornline is as good as ever.

Blooo: I also forgot how much I like this show. Ballad = second best this year, after Ave. I finally noticed the steel drums, which I saw but never heard in June. (They used 'em, I just didn't catch it.) There was some bloooing in the theater, but none of it was near as loud as my solo VANGUARD!!! yell :P

Phantom: again, no words. I'm disappointed that there was no leg wedge, although I can see where it might be added. Ending's a little different. This was one corps I wanted to crank the volume on! Ave was beautiful, as always. I finally got to see where they come back around to the crowd with white sashes...was beautiful! What a show...there's a reason these guys are winning music. This is still my 06 favorite.

BD- I liked it a lot better the second time. Made more sense to me, and I thought it was cleaner. Plus, they added the chair thing. It also helps that, although they followed Regiment again, I wasn't too busy reeling in disbelief and amazement from PR this time (I've seen it before, and have been blasting it daily in the car..)

Cavaliers ('scuse me, The Cavaliers): Where to start. 1000% more enjoyable than the last time I saw them (early in the season.) It's funny, it's clean, and it works. I love the 'skipping' trumpet sequence, and the ballad is awesome. They also added the new ending since I saw them, where the snare plays the lick from the beginning, and then 'runs out of batteries.' I loved this show!!!

In Knoxville, we had bad thunderstorms and you know what that means! Lost the feed near the end of Bluecoats opener and didn't get it back until after Phantom's opener, although we did get to listen to audio of the Cadets. The manager handled it well, keeping the crowd informed and giving out free movie passes at the end. We also missed the audio at the very beginning up until Southwind stepped off. The sound wasn't cranked up until the 2nd corps but was good after that. I just wish they would have turned it down a little during Jessica's interviews. Her voice really loud kind of grates on you!