HOLY CRAP!

OK, Not to be too much of a dork here, and I have been sitting on this for some time

BUT

If you are going to shorten Phantom Regiment's name you should call them Regiment, NOT Phantom.

Think about it. It would be like referring to the Blue Devils as Blue instead of The Devils or Devs.

The website is Regiment.org

Rant over

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When they anounced the score for 3rd, I figured it would be Regiment. When he said "Blue Devils" the whole section erupted. As much as I would like to see them win one, alone, the Cavies were just that much better. It certainly was closer than I anticipated it would be.

RM - PR 76-79

ampssuck

Edited by Rocketman

When they anounced the score for 3rd, I figured it would be Regiment. When he said "Blue Devils" the whole section erupted.

Don't know what section you were in, but I have a feeling that, because of the drama Brandt Crocker put into announcing the scores, Camp Randall engineers are at the stadium right now to see if there are any cracks that need to be repaired before the Badgers first home game.

OK, Not to be too much of a dork here, and I have been sitting on this for some time

BUT

If you are going to shorten Phantom Regiment's name you should call them Regiment, NOT Phantom.

Think about it. It would be like referring to the Blue Devils as Blue instead of The Devils or Devs.

Rant over

I can feel this annoyance, too.

No one in the Cavaliers organization calls themselves the Cavies, but tons of fans do. I would rather have fans refer to us as the Cavaliers, and I make it a point to refer to the corps at all times as the Cavaliers.

I've found it's not too worth getting worked up over. Just be happy that the fans like the corps enough to say their name at all, no matter in which form.

edit: however, I do tend to get my panties in a bunch when I see people type Cavis, Cavvies, Cavie's, Cavi's, or something similar. Aside from the fact that punctuation never dictates plurality, I just sort of wonder how, after seeing something written many times a day, you could think it was anything else other than "Cavies".

Rant over :)

edit, part dos: To contribute to the theme of the thread, and to appease PR_ducky, congratulations Regiment. You definitely deserved everything you achieved this year.

Edited by Jayzer

BUT

Rant over

One thing I have definitely noticed over the years...

Alumni and hardcore fans of the corps call it "Regiment."

Layman fans or casual fans and members/alumni of other corps frequently call us "Phantom."

Layman fans or casual fans and members/alumni of other corps frequently call us "Phantom."

I kinda like fans calling it Phantom and members calling it Regiment. Kinda a quick dirty way to guage someone's understanding of the organization.

On another note, I can still remember the horrified and angry gasps before dress rehearsel in 02 when our drum major said "have a good show, Phantom" -_-

Regiment was incredible. I don't even know how to describe how exciting they were, or how proud I am of them. I'll sound stupid trying to, but...

They were stunning. One of the finest Regiment corps of all time; they take their place amongst legends. Truly a fitting tribute to the 50th Anniversary, but beyond that, the balance between exquisite beauty and drum corps at its most visceral was perfect. If I had to pick a word for the show, it'd be majestic. The vision for the show, the storytelling, and the performance all came together at the right time. I found the ending, with the temptation of a member of the hornline to evil, particularly fitting. The feeling of watching the show and the sheer enjoyment of it hasn't left me, and it probably won't.

And a drum trophy, too. That is one deserved piece of trophy hardware...those guys are SICK! b**bs

To the people involved with putting the show together, and to the members (if they are reading DCP)...

Thank you for giving us all such a great summer--I loved watching "Faust" grow into one of the all-time classic drum corps shows (not simply among Regiment shows).

In 10 years, when we're still talking about what you did in Madison on Saturday night, you'll see what I mean. Just trust me on this. All that love coming out of the stands in Madison was deserved. You earned it. And I know you were shooting for a Championship, but among alumni, you'll always be champs with us. :worthy:

What a great show! What a great summer for drum corps!!!

Edited by festive

Hah! That's funny, mostly because the title of this thread refers to "Phantom" :worthy:

I think it's like an accent- who you're with influences how you speak. I use the terms "Phantom" and "the Regiment" interchangeably when discussing Phantom Regiment, which I see as a byproduct of the two main groups I discuss drum corps with:

1) Folks from my old high school- "Phantom"

2) DCP- "the Regiment"

Which may explain why they seem like synonyms to me... :worthy:

SORRY PHANTOM REGIMENT- DOESN'T MEAN I LOVE YOU ANY LESS!!!