Carolina Crown

The section I was sitting in was ready to riot when Crown was announced 8th. I don't think these people would have been happy unless they finished at least 5th. It was not a slap at BK - it's just that if finals were voted on by the audience, Crown would have finished 3rd behind Phantom and Cavies.

I thought they were amazing - in fact, they got my money afterwords as I went to Crown's booth to buy my souvies. I was surprised at the number of people coming up to the souvie booth simply to tell the volunteers "you guys got hosed".

Yeah.. Most of the crown staff seemed to know it was coming, and with talking to a friend of mine who teaches the corps... they did what they set out to do...which was to be a great drum corps... and thats what there show was ..one great drum corps show...it was so fun to watch live awesome drill, amazing guard, brass um hello! I believe some of the staff were told that not all the higher ups were pleased with the direction that crown went this year, that musically and conceptualy it was too far of a departure from what they had been doing! I hope they were there at retreat to hear the crowd reaction to their "overall opinion"! kudos to crown for being different every year, thankyou for not carving out a niche and just sticking to it, like so many corps have done and will continue to do. Thankyou for having some of the most coordinated effects in your show from drill to guard to music...we the crowd loved everybit of it....And we willcontinue to love you for just being you...do whatever you want, you will be better than you have to be and the community cannot say no!

Congrats on a great season!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ####, it's always something, isn't it?

Wow. I never thought I would come back and read a post like this. I took that picture (unless other members did so and I didn't see). It was kind of spontaneous. Hearing the crowd boo the placement/score and then getting that amazing applause (which I would say rivaled the one Cavies got for winning!) I could not stop smiling and laughing. I have never felt that way before, and I will never ever forget it. The entire corps felt it. It was weird, but I really felt a connection with almost every member of the audience. We have fans! Crown 2006 was a killer season, in more ways than one, for me. That picture, that night, that crow, will always hold a special place in my heart. Because in my mind, that is what drum corps is all about. You would never have guessed that Crown got 8th with how happy we were when we got off the field.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE POST THIS PICTURE!!!

Wow. I never thought I would come back and read a post like this. I took that picture (unless other members did so and I didn't see). It was kind of spontaneous. Hearing the crowd boo the placement/score and then getting that amazing applause (which I would say rivaled the one Cavies got for winning!) I could not stop smiling and laughing. I have never felt that way before, and I will never ever forget it. The entire corps felt it. It was weird, but I really felt a connection with almost every member of the audience. We have fans! Crown 2006 was a killer season, in more ways than one, for me. That picture, that night, that crow, will always hold a special place in my heart. Because in my mind, that is what drum corps is all about. You would never have guessed that Crown got 8th with how happy we were when we got off the field.

I'd just like to personally tell you how great your show was in Madison; it was a lot of fun to watch, and you should've ranked higher than 8th. Keep up the good work for next year!

I want to start out letting you know I have a biased opion. My son plays in the hornline for Crown. Proud proud Papa!!!!!!! My wife and I were in Madison all three nights and had a ball. All the corps were great. :wacko:

There is a pattern here. On Thursday night when Crowns score was announced the crowd booed. I was really pleased that others saw what I saw and the judges I guess were looking at something else. I know that one caption can effect others but I am no expert in music. Saturdays show was phenominal. The kids in Crown left it all on the field and the fans saw that. I told my wife that drum corps is really about entertainment and Crown achieved the ultimate reward for there performance. Namely the crowd response during and after the show plus the reaction when the score was announced. I am not into booing but! And the ovation Crown recieved was incredible.

My son was disappointed in the score but they know they got the love from the crowd and that is what really counts. He told me after the show that when they were walking to the bussed at the Kohl Center, 8 blocks away that people on the street were clapping for them as they passed.

What an experience for the kids and for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Very excited for you and your family, especially your son. When someone asks me about drum corps, I'll tell them this kind of story.

I'm also pleased that Crown was the corps chosen to do their show during the Indianapolis announcement. I can't think of a better show this year to show the media - and the local politicians - just what drum corps is about.

i thought the 8th place finish for them was a real sock to the gut. the crowd agreed. their show was in many ways the most exciting of the night to that point and followed a very boring BK show IMO, sry- just the way i feel.

With no disrespect to Blue Knights (a show I also liked), I too was shocked Crown dropped in placement. Congratulations to Crown for putting a phenomenal show on the field. Without questions, this was one of my favorite shows of the season. Wow… what a brass line… the guard, as always, spectacular, and a great visual package too. I continually admire how this corps grows each season.

I haven't liked Crown the past couple of years, but I really bought in to this year's program.. Their hornline should have easily been 4th IMO. They marched extremely well too - and yes, better than a team or 2 in front of them... There is no way that show isn't at least a 90 on Thursday night..

I didn't hear any blatant ensemble problems, so I guess the battery must have been tickin' pretty fierce.. :wacko:

Just a shame..

i have no connection to carolina crown so my words should not reflect upon the organization. however i do know that he was very supportive of crown and had been talking about auditioning until im assuming he didnt make it. and looking at most of his posts since then i have seen alot of negative comments towards them.

assuming...

Why don't you instead PM the guy? I'm sure he could easily give you his opinion/side/whatever. He's always been very responsive to talking to me. He's a great kid. I'd be proud to see him in our mellophone line as well as any other mello line I saw Saturday night.

*talk* to him. The only diffrerence between us and monkeys is the level of communication we have one with another.