Time for Someone to Move to Marching Band World

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone menioned a new circuit for MB...I think DCI should add a new division w/in DCI...there just is not enough interest/$$$ to support another circuit...there are two now, with DCA.

Ahh got ya.

I think that would be great as long as BOTH were putting out quality products and the kids were getting a quality education and experience.

..if DCI adds WW, then yes, drum corps would indeed have WW...and it would still be called drum corps.

No, "Drum Corps" and "Drum and Bugle Corps" are Gone But not forgotten. There are indeed small pockets of Drum Corps/Drum and Bugle Corps, around these days, But "Brass Band Field Theater (DCI) is not it.

Still Why can you or any of the Higher enlightened, elite tell me why it is WRONG to call what is done today Band. OR why is that a Bad thing to be ashamed of.

You use Trumpets and Tubas. You have Dance teams. (How could it be Color Guard? You have no Colors to Guard.) You have sinnging. You have mikes. You have Amps. You have costumes not uniforms. You have a pit.

Now before you get all PO'd. There is NOTHING at all wrong with any of those things. Drum Corps / aka Drum and Bugle Corps had none of those things. Bands did and do. So in a kind of "Truth in Advertising" thing. Be Honest. Be Proud of the HIGH Quality product you have. The Groups of DCI (Brass Band Field Theater) can not be matched in what hey do, anywhere in the World.

Youl have as DCI and almost all connected say have "EVOLVED" Good For You ENJOY.

Just don't call it Drum and Bugle Corps. It is Not.

Edited by LucysSkylinerAlumni

I am, I just... God... I'm no beltway insider, as it were. Why does this "loose cannon" remain so secretive? What's he hiding? What we need is someone on the inside who can name names. That'd blow the lid off this whole thing.

Sheesh. Because you name names, it becomes "personal" and they shut down the thread and put you on a few days probation.

Drum Corps is not Band quite yet. They will be as soon as someone brings a woodwind onto the field and plays it.

Amplification: I think if a corps chooses to use amplification and there is a technical problem with the said amplification there should be a penalty given just as if a Color Guard person messes up or the hornline plays bad or the drumline is dirty. If they are going to live by the sword they should be able to die by it as well. :worthy:

I want to see a Corps in Division 1 go back to G Bugles and kick everyones butt without amplification. I know, I dream. :worthy:

Edited by Kansan

Amplification: I think if a corps chooses to use amplification and there is a technical problem with the said amplification there should be a penalty given just as if a Color Guard person messes up or the hornline plays bad or the drumline is dirty. If they are going to live by the sword they should be able to die by it as well. :worthy:

I undoubtably agree with that. While I generally like change I ultimately want to see a good product. If you take a risk and it works than great, but if it doesnt you should not get a "hall pass." Unfortunatly, I think some groups have gotten these as of late