Where Are The Reviews?

My guess is.....................there will be fewer and fewer of them for the simple reason, that when someone goes to the effort of putting one together, they usually get blasted, and its more aggravation then its worth...........

again just my guess.........

Ding, ding. We have a winner.

Here we are about 2.5 weeks from Championships and we haven't read any serious reviews about a handful of corps all summer long. I've always enjoyed reading the reviews because they give me a heads-up on what to look/listen for with certain corps. Most folks in our corps would probably appreciate reviews of MCL. We think we know our strengths and weaknesses, but fresh impressions from folks are appreciated.

Oh well, maybe MCL will have better luck with our shows in MN this weekend.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it isn't usually the uninformed that blast the loudest, but marching members of the corps who are most hypersensitive around here.

if you don't like something you're a hater.

if you like something you're favoring a certain corps.

if you miss a section in your review HOW DARE YOU!

if you miss a corps HOW RUDE!

if you say something someone doesn't agree with you're wrong, you're a newbie, you're clueless (and those are the polite comments). :blink:

i've said it before this season and i will say it again. you can't win either way around here. people will always find something to ##### about and they seem to enjoy that part far more than they enjoy what great stuff is going on on the field. <**>

i dunno, "friends" talking #### behind your back and threats of physical violence by staff members are usually quite funny to read.

IMO

- Honest opinions have always been welcome, positive or negative.

- Constructive criticism has alway made for good and reasonable debate. there are admittedly some thin skins out there, but generally the debate moves along harmlessly.

- Blatant DEstructive criticism has no redeeming value for the corps, marching members, or fans, and has and will continue to get blasted.

I will agree that some things happening this year has probably scared some folks away from posting their thoughts, though.

I guess it is too bad that Jeff can't get to all the DCA shows in a year.....

and i'm less PC here than in DCW. i actually got less hate mail from my DCI East revciew than I did from DCA finals in 2002....and no one there amped or narrated!

Actually, I agree with John above. I think we all need to chip in and pay for Jeff Ream's travel (including the SR-71 flights to multiple shows on the same day) to ALL the DCA shows, just so we can get some honest and insightful reviews, or, well, one per show at least.

pay off the house, and i'll just make the reviews up and we'll call it a day :P

i dunno, "friends" talking #### behind your back

ah yes ~ so good to see some things never change.

[/sarcasm]

I thought those were cardboard cutouts in the stands of people and that they were playing crowd noise through the PA system!

Finally! The first good use for amplifiers that has been suggested yet! Amplify the crowd noise! What a rush!

no Liz i say it to your face :P

at least you talk to my face.

most guys try to have a conversation with my #####. <_<