2006 Cadets placement

2006 Cadets placement  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Was the Cadets placement at 2006 Finals fair?

• They should have placed higher.
    • 5th place is right where they should have been.
    • They should have placed lower.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Santa Clara better, but that's an enjoyment standpoint only. (And the fact that at least some of my blood is red and green :) )

I thought they scored about right... very close to the Bluecoats. Compared to SCV (I have only heard SCV on the APDs), I thought the Cadets had a much better brass sound and a more difficult brass and percussion book. So in at least the music captions, I would have had them significantly above SCV (but maybe not Crown... but that's another story).

I'm thrilled that Bloo was fourth, so I'll say that fifth is about right for me.

Honestly, as much as some people hate this show, White Rabbit was truly the only section that I can understand being offensive to thin-skinned fans. Certainly it was quite unorthodox. Maybe you can make a case for the ballad, but I loved it, thought it was absolutely gorgeous. The sections before and after those, though, were pure drum corps, and pretty thrilling at that. I certainly don't think it was a show that could hang with the top three this year, but few shows could, and that doesn't mean there weren't good moments from the Cadets this year, if you were willing to look.

Well, by White Rabbit I refer to the entire section of the show up until the ballad. Not sure if they had a different name for the tea party section, but yeah....

Bluecoats 4th, Santa Clara 5th, Cadets 6th

Agreed.

Agreed.

While not as clean as last year, I still thought they should have been in 3rd juts from a technical standpoint. I found their drill to be cleaner, their horn line to be much better in control and their color guard to have much more vocabulary and to be cleaner than a couple of the groups ahead of them. Just from an enjoyment factor, I totally loved the show.

All of that said, I live in Columbus, I know folks associated with the 'coats, and I marched with THE brass guru there. I could not be happier for them. It was one of my favorites this year.

Nevertheless.....I do have some maroon and gold floating around in these old veins.