Madison's Offseason

Any Guesses?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. What are the Scouts going to do in the offseason...

• Fire EVERYONE including the director
    • Fire Guard Staff
    • Hire New Visual Staff that will be able to clean their drill
    • Change Uniforms
    • Can Michael Cesario
    • New Visual Designer

You know something big is going to happen in Madison.(well maybe not big) There is no way they will let a 9th place finish be what it is...they will disect their entire summer and figure out where they went wrong.

+++added+++

I don't think they should fire everyone. Sal is doing a wonderful job, and so is Colin McNutt. My honest opinion is that they need a new visual team, perhaps a new marching style (or a return to the old), a new CG staff, and they definitely need to get rid of MC.

Edited by mdsnsctfan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know something big is going to happen in Madison.(well maybe not big) There is no way they will let a 9th place finish be what it is...they will disect their entire summer and figure out where they went wrong.

+++added+++

I don't think they should fire everyone. Sal is doing a wonderful job, and so is Colin McNutt. My honest opinion is that they need a new visual team, perhaps a new marching style (or a return to the old), a new CG staff, and they definitely need to get rid of MC.

Couldn't disagree more. All new things take time to develop. Myron is a genius. So is Michael. Recruiting in the color guard is, IMHO opinion, a bigger priority than instructor issues....although losing Jennifo...not so good. Get 'er back!

It's cyrtsal clear that they want to play the game for real. Unfortunately (or fortunately for those of us watching) there are at least 11 others out there also playing the game at a very high level.

they need to really pick a program that fits them well and fits the audience well, i really hope the drill next year doesnt have all of scvs old moves again, that got old FAST. please come up with some new drill moves and stop trying to come up with a new image for the scouts. and also please watch the madison alum video to see what the scouts are really about

they need to really pick a program that fits them well and fits the audience well, i really hope the drill next year doesnt have all of scvs old moves again, that got old FAST. please come up with some new drill moves and stop trying to come up with a new image for the scouts. and also please watch the madison alum video to see what the scouts are really about

You nailed it!!!!!!

Don't know that anyone needs to be fired. How about easing up the drill into something that doesn't leave everyone out of breath for the whole show. How about bringing back some loud screaming jazz! Let that smokin' horn line loose! Quit with the artsy-fartsy and get back to what Madison is famous for.

fired? nah. just pick a killer show, let the staff keep gelling, and rediscover volume

Fire Guard Staff

...out of a cannon into the sun.

...out of a cannon into the sun.

Did Cesario design the guard outfits? What role did he play in the show concept/design?--I'm curious. I vaguely remember something from the 94 season tryout camp where he mentioned giving everyone in the hornline a different looking uniform. (We started off the season with music for Rite of Spring).

In 1990, Madison Scouts also placed 9th at the DCI World Championships. Two years later they had moved up to 5th, stayed in the top six for two years and then hit 4th in 1995 with a show 2.9 points from the winning score.