Thank you, Blue Devils!

I just wanted to thank BD for designing and performing such a wonderful show! I first saw this production at Stillwater, MN on July 10. I actually was moved by the show to the point of watching "The Godfather", which I had never seen before. I went on to buy the Godfather trilogy, because I liked the first one so much, and after several viewings of each movie, I was that much more psyched to see BD in Madison. Well, they didn't disappoint me one bit, as all aspects of their show were very STRONG, as any performance of this great music should be. I only wish they could have tied The Cavaliers for the title, as I loved both shows equally. Thanks again for the great show, Blue Devils! :laugh:

I just wanted to thank BD for designing and performing such a wonderful show! I first saw this production at Stillwater, MN on July 10. I actually was moved by the show to the point of watching "The Godfather", which I had never seen before. I went on to buy the Godfather trilogy, because I liked the first one so much, and after several viewings of each movie, I was that much more psyched to see BD in Madison. Well, they didn't disappoint me one bit, as all aspects of their show were very STRONG, as any performance of this great music should be. I only wish they could have tied The Cavaliers for the title, as I loved both shows equally. Thanks again for the great show, Blue Devils! :laugh:

A big improvement over the last few years, IMO... I was having a discussion with a BD alumni and he was kind of whining that the show didn't have anything that made it a BD show [Cavies or Phantom could have done the same thing], and my response was that Phantom and Cavies could do it, but they never would, and that is why it's a BD show.

"Thanks Blue Devils":

You made us an offer we COULD NOT refuse. :laugh:

Elphaba

"Thanks Blue Devils":

You made us an offer we COULD NOT refuse. :laugh:

Elphaba

You said something nice about a modern show! :o

That warms the cockles of my heart.

Go Blue Devils! Go Blue Devils Go Blue Devils! Gooooooooooooooooo! :laugh:

drumhumorTerrance

I was about to post the exact same thing.

One that used vocal amplification at that!

I hate amped vocals...WITH A PASSION!!! I didn't like it in ANY show this year.....but if I was nailed to a chair and forced to pick one show over the past three years to listen to that had amped vocals...2006 BD would be the one. It is over before you knew it happened....and was no where near as in your face as 2004 Boston/Crown, 2005 BD/Cadets/Seattle, or 2006 Crossmen/Cadets/Blue Stars. ^0^

A big improvement over the last few years, IMO... I was having a discussion with a BD alumni and he was kind of whining that the show didn't have anything that made it a BD show [Cavies or Phantom could have done the same thing], and my response was that Phantom and Cavies could do it, but they never would, and that is why it's a BD show.

What other drum corps comes to mind when you think of a gangster/mob show? Part Blue was right up BD's alley- no one else is "bad" enough to give it a go!! (And IMO, BD owns the rights to any mob themed show ever- if any other corps does one, they should probably at least form the BD logo at the end... B) )