Any news of staff changes for 2007?

Do directors usually travel with a corps for the entire summer ?

w/Stp: w/Stp:

staff -yes

tour directors -yes

corps directors-NO

they are administrators.

try this :sshh:

Not all directors do. If some do, I think a break or vacation would be extremely beneficial. I wouldn't recommend to anyone a full summer of teaching/administrating without some time off.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, they need to start with their director and work their way down the ladder and fire the entire staff connected with this organization. If not, they will forever be nothing more than a DCI D1 wanna be.

Actually they are about the only corps that still teaches members and that don't end up eating peanut butter and jelly or ice cream for meals. You will not find a person more dedicated to the activity and the kids than Roman. What the whole activity needs to do is figure out they have an audience that needs to be a consideration and not put the crap music on the field. Several "top" corps played "music" that I would rather not ever hear again like Crown, Santa Clara and Cavaliers to mention a few.

I am not one who says we should not change anything. I do believe having an occasional melody would not be too much to ask. I would suggest that as long as the music judges reward it it it will continue! Perhaps what we really need is more corps like Pioneer and more people like Roman.

Once again a post filled with generalizations and uninformed statements.

Actually they are about the only corps that still teaches members and that don't end up eating peanut butter and jelly or ice cream for meals.

Hmm...I've been to many a rehearsal for many corps and witnessed a whole lot of teaching..and this is at the DCI finalist level.

Ate off a couple of cook trucks..lots of good food..PB and J was always available..but it was far from the main course..

You will not find a person more dedicated to the activity and the kids than Roman.

I agree..however, with all due respect to Pio, the Irish fetish is keeping them back competitivly. If Pio is ever to increase its competitive fortunes, they need to branch out. Until then - "Done on Thursday"

What the whole activity needs to do is figure out they have an audience that needs to be a consideration and not put the crap music on the field. Several "top" corps played "music" that I would rather not ever hear again like Crown, Santa Clara and Cavaliers to mention a few.

I dunno..Plenty of people in Madison, and on here liked all three of these shows..Maybe some of the music was less then well known, but I was able to tap my toes to melodies in all three shows. Of course I have a favorite, but Danielpour (CC) was very melodic.

BTW--the corps are on "top" because they do things very well. Period.

Not everybody shares your lack of musical sophistication. I enjoy the classics but I like to see wide range of literature out there.

I am not one who says we should not change anything. I do believe having an occasional melody would not be too much to ask. I would suggest that as long as the music judges reward it it it will continue! Perhaps what we really need is more corps like Pioneer and more people like Roman.
\

Plenty of melodies out there..how well they are played is the criteria the music judges use to reward (or not)

We need more corps..to be sure and we need dedicated people like Roman. Can't' argue with that. :)

What I would like to see is people on here think before they rant..THAT would be refreshing. :sshh:

Edited by tubamann

Sorry part of my post did not get on. The statement I was making about teaching is that not many other corps will teach a person to play the instrument from scratch any more. I have a masters in music so I do understand the music, just think it lacks melody.

Some of the food programs are great. Others not so much so. Regarding the music, they have been on Friday before. By your earlier statement it is how it is performed.

Scott Boerma to Crossmen.

a great fit !!

:tic::worthy::tic::huh::huh:

make it happen.

That would be awesome! Like a glove!!!

Sorry part of my post did not get on. The statement I was making about teaching is that not many other corps will teach a person to play the instrument from scratch any more. I have a masters in music so I do understand the music, just think it lacks melody.

Then you should realize that there are many examples of fine, well known, and loved pieces of concert music that are built around things other than melody. Is it any surprise that some of these concepts and ideas have filtered down into the marching music idiom?

M

Sorry, rbj, but I strongly disagree. When an organization remains stagnant and does nothing but "spin it's wheels" for so many years, it's high time for major changes, starting from the top on down. I stand by my previous comments.