Any news of staff changes for 2007?

Didnt the Crossmen keep the same staff for 2004 and 2005? or most of it at least?

Also, I think its perfectly reasonable to expect a faster turnaround in Drum Corps then you would in professional sports. Too many corps out there have done it (a competitive 180) for it be impossible. Tough, yes, but not impossible.

Yeah, well, when I said "every single year" I was exaggerating for dramatic effect :P

I understand that the turnaround rate is a little faster in corps, and I understand that maybe we need to keep looking for the right staff formula, but I just want my Bones to have some stability!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I think its perfectly reasonable to expect a faster turnaround in Drum Corps then you would in professional sports. Too many corps out there have done it (a competitive 180) for it be impossible. Tough, yes, but not impossible.

I have to agree with this statement. Many of the drum corps out there are not struggling becuase they have a lack of talent but instead they are struggling becuase they fail to meet their potential. I know that it often takes time for a staff to "gell" and figure out how to work together, but too often it is a lack of fundamentals or good teaching that we see in these drum corps.

IMO, The Crossmen have the talent to be succesful, but they lack staff in certain areas of the corps that understand how to teach some of the fundamentals of how to move and play. From watching them in rehearsal and performance thoughout the season I felt that nearly all of their problems were fixable. The thing is, the problems that they had in June were the same problems they had in August. IMO, that should point towards some changes

from talking with various friends that marched in the corps this summer, I have heard the following corps making some or big changes;

Madison visual, Capital Regiment most, Crown percussion, Pioneer various, Crossmen most, Cadets several, Blue Knights design, Boston visual, crest various. Not all are firings several are people leaving for real life. Most of the ones I have heard of makes some sence. I have also heard about a couple of director changes including Cap Reg and Crossmen. As we know at this time these could all be true or all fantasy but more some where in the middle.

from talking with various friends that marched in the corps this summer, I have heard the following corps making some or big changes;

Madison visual, Capital Regiment most, Crown percussion, Pioneer various, Crossmen most, Cadets several, Blue Knights design, Boston visual, crest various. Not all are firings several are people leaving for real life. Most of the ones I have heard of makes some sence. I have also heard about a couple of director changes including Cap Reg and Crossmen. As we know at this time these could all be true or all fantasy but more some where in the middle.

most make sence.

Madison drum staff to Cadets

Capital Regiment drum staff to Crossmen

Crown drum staff ??

Crossmen have to make tough decisions.

I say tough because some of these guys(staff) are friends of friends who thought it would be great to start teaching drum corps with these kids. I think the Crossmen kids are awesome and deserve the best. There really isn't a conspiracy by YEA to hold them down. The caption heads held them back this year.

Yes, there were parts that I thought were entertaining as did most of the audience and no, the corps did not get dumped on because there was a "hate Crossmen" campaign - The kids performed what was given to them. In fact I thought the level of excellence was better than the level of Rep. Because of their ability level the kids actually exposed the design/programming/ music flaws. The caption heads held them back this year. It was not that DCI was not rewarding effort. The other programs did not have more talent. They had better design and instruction.

Scott will fix it.

The drill can't be written until the brass and percussion book is complete. The visual guy is left holding the bag when the arrangers take a long time to write. Bobby Jones does a great job when not rushed. Reading Buccaneers drill from the 2005 season was great. Actually better than what was written for the bones. However Reading writes their show asap once everything is solidified. It was the Reading show that sold the Crossmen team on Bobby's talent level.

The M.O. of the horn arranger is lateness..........ask around. Time to flat out get new perc. head as well. Just have not seen something like that ever -

Did anyone see the recaps from the Bensalem show? Everyone was on DivI sheets - including SURF........check out what happened in Brass GE and overall visual.

When I saw them in MAryland and the Allentown (the first two shows) I said then what the problems were and I was pelted hard...............the problems still exist and may fester into the college level. (West Chester U. instruction)

There are a great many alumni who are successful in the Allentown area and the West Chester area that could turn that program around in one year. Known instructors with kid drawing power. Known instructors who would be on tour the entire season. Talented instructors with major Div. I instructional experience with other corps. Many have been asking to work with their home team and have been passed up. It is now time to put the corps first and promises to "wannabes" last. Bring in the Staff with the experience to kick butt. BONES WILL SMILE - hah!

Ok sorry - I loved this group and had relations of family and friends in the corps. Just a bit frustrating -

Wasn't Crossmen's guard dead last in Semi's? The guard was not up to par with previous Crossmen guards. Again, no offense to the guard itself.