Salas OUT as Director of Scouts!

I think they've got a guy in place already.

This is going to be.. very interesting!!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering the same thing.. but I seem to remember a late night conversation over some sinfully good wine that his term was up at the end of this year.

*edit* Got a text response from him.. he resigned. He was one of two who voted to renew Sal's contract.

Honestly, I don't think they fully realize what they're losing by this decision.. but it's their decision to make and I wish them well.

If folks only knew about the inner workings of some boards. I'll leave it at that.

I think they've got a guy in place already.

This is going to be.. very interesting!!

Alright, I'll fess up....

It's me. I'm the new director of the Scouts.

:P

If folks only knew about the inner workings of some boards. I'll leave it at that.

I notice your signiture says, " - 8/22/06". Count another Madison casualty.

The numbers may mount quickly!

*edit* Got a text response from him.. he resigned. He was one of two who voted to renew Sal's contract.

Principled, huh?

I notice your signiture says, " - 8/22/06". Count another Madison casualty.

Yeah.. I was gonna respond to her saying how sad her signature makes me..

transition is never easy.. especially when it's surrounding something as passionate as drum corps.. but being a volunteer myself.. I know it would take a LOT for me to leave the organization I'm with.. so I feel her pain.. and yeah.. it's real live pain, folks.. I've been in the situation before.. not fun.

I think we can start the body count, though.. I have a feeling it'll be rising. :(

Principled, huh?

??

Count your blessings.

Yeah, I imagine decisions like this are always going to be emotionally charged, much the same way things were when Mr. Stewart stepped down at the end of 2002.

Didn't mean to be flip back there with the other post, but I guess with news like this, we all get caught up in the "traffic accident" mentality. The fire sale so far from staff, board members and volunteers is a little worrisome...but Santa Clara's resurgence from 2005 to 2006 certainly proves that sometimes a shake-up can work out for the best.