DCA souvie question

Certification of Authenticity:

By the powers vested in me and having an exquisite palate that KNOWS good food when he sees it and having lived in the Nick Tahou neighborhood for over 30 years... and having consumed too many garbage plates to count....

I hereby certify that the above picture is indeed, an official Nick Tahou's Garbage Plate. The only thing missing is the two slices of Italian Bread and butter. Maalox recommended.

With the visions of the grease and hot sauce seeping through the home fries and macaroni salad, it is IMPOSSIBLE to counterfeit a "certified" Nick Tahou's Garbage Plate.

Note: personal preference is for White Hots (Coney's) instead of Red Hots - but whatever tweaks your buns...

Hint: drink it with milk (either white or chocolate)... this will severely diminish the heartburn during the initial consumption... However, it will not aleviate the way your stomach will feel in the morning.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom you are so correct on the heart burn. Back in 1995 when I was in Empire I slipped out to Nick's for lunch and came back with major heartburn. So milk is the fix eh! Man I could hardly play my contra when I came back from Nicks. I can't explain what was coming out of my bottom end too.

Scott

here's a heads up on a souvie to get.

DCA PR guru Fred Windish showed me a sneak preview of the DCA Yearbook. This book blows away anything DCA has had to date, and our very own DCP is prominently featured.

get this book.

Nick Tahou's - home of the garbage plate - is located on Lyell Ave. just a block west of I-390... incidentally, Paetec Stadium is about 2 miles (or just a little more) east on Lyell Ave. at the corner of Broad Street...

So, when you leave the stadium go NORTH and immediately turn left on Lyell Ave.

Go West on Lyell Avenue until you cross I-390

Nick's is a block further on the right

here's a heads up on a souvie to get.

DCA PR guru Fred Windish showed me a sneak preview of the DCA Yearbook. This book blows away anything DCA has had to date, and our very own DCP is prominently featured.

get this book.

I hope DCA sells a LOAD of these books. I haven't seen the final version, but understand it looks GREAT!

For the record, I'm very happy that DCP could play a role in helping sponsor this year's DCA World Championships ... and showing DCA, its member corps, and fans how much we appreciate them and the work they do. Show YOUR support by buying a DCA Yearbook!

See you in Rochester!

-john

Nick Tahou's - home of the garbage plate - is located on Lyell Ave. just a block west of I-390... incidentally, Paetec Stadium is about 2 miles (or just a little more) east on Lyell Ave. at the corner of Broad Street...

So, when you leave the stadium go NORTH and immediately turn left on Lyell Ave.

Go West on Lyell Avenue until you cross I-390

Nick's is a block further on the right

Don't forget, there is the Original Nick's at Broad & Main St - for a more "cultural" experience (read - the seedier, underbelly of Rochester life). Actually, prolly closer to the stadium; just take Broad St south for <1 mile; big brick building (old train station, actually), parking behind. One could prolly make it there and back with a "to go" plate during dinner break at prelims, depending on how far a walk to your car.

Found an interesting "unofficial" site for Nick's

http://patjenk.com/rochester/tahous/

Like the part about having to change to an 8pm close cuz people were getting killed there nightly; somewhat of an exaggeration, ...but not by much. And to think, back in my drinking days, I used to stop there on my way home after the bars closed.

Edited by dbriggs

I thought they had closed down the "original" Nick's on west Main St.????? Shortly after he died... did they reopen it? Guess I've been gone too long... It was vacant the last time I drove by but that was approaching two years ago...

The Brigs will be sporting some new souvies too!!!

What is the set-up time frame for Saturday & Sunday? I will be driving up Saturday morning so I won't have the info infront of me until I get up there!