Season Recap, part 6

Season Recap, corps 16-18  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Life Rhythms?

• Loved it!
    • Liked it
    • It was okay
    • Didn't care for it
    • Hated it!
  2. 2. What did you think of Rhythm Nation?

• Loved it!
    • Liked it
    • It was okay
    • Didn't care for it
    • Hated it!
  3. 3. What did you think of Duality?

• Loved it!
    • Liked it
    • It was okay
    • Didn't care for it
    • Hated it!

Inspired by the threads that were asking for our final thoughts, two corps at a time. Well, with the CDs coming out and having had a couple weeks to let the competitive juices ebb, let's hear what you think. Vote your enjoyment of each show, on a scale of one to five, and give us your final thoughts for each corps.

I didn't catch Mandarins either, but I did purchase the APD. Have only listened to it a few times, but I recall that I liked what I heard.

Capital Regiment had one of my favorites on the year. The opener was tremendous, great music. The ballad was calm and soothing, even if the yawning got old. And I thought the closer was an absolute gas, they really sold that.

Duality was alright. I liked the muliple uniforms, and some of the visual ideas they were able to execute because of them. I liked the opener, and the themes they introduced, but the rest of the show sounded too similar, there wasn't enough variety to keep me interested throughout.

I think there were good and bad points to each......again It's like comparing apples to oranges in some instances. I like Sdub (by default) and enjoyed working on the show. Mandarins was entertaining, and I fell asleep at parts of Cap Reg, but liked the opener. It was tight with these three.

I LOVED the Mandarins and Cap Reg show, though I felt that Eqqus was too slow.

SW?

Eh. Take it or leave it. I'm NOT a fan of that montage style of arranging, although the intent was communicating well.

I LOVED the Mandarins and Cap Reg show, though I felt that Eqqus was too slow.

SW?

Eh. Take it or leave it. I'm NOT a fan of that montage style of arranging, although the intent was communicating well.

Sorry you felt Equus was slow...186 to 210 the whole time...thats HARD!! lol, we tried our best!! B)

*bump*

Southwinds show was a very well planned and marched show. Too bad the judges didn't see what most of the crowd saw. Very well done. Cap Reg: Very nice idea with work rest and play. Colorguard unis weren't too exciting but they were a very good guard. Music was listenable. Mandarin: Fantastic snare intro but from there on I was somewhat let down. The members put forth a good effort, but the show itself wasn't real exciting for me.

Mandarins: Never saw it but heard the APD. Entire musical ensemble wasn't as impressive this year compared to years past. Some neat moments in the arrangement but nothing really floored me.

Cap Reg: With the exception of the long and drawn out Equus, Jay Bocook wrote a fantastic arrangement for the hornline. But I spent most of the time watching the battery, which threw down better then (I think) every other non-finalist corps'. Visually, however, Cap Reg had much more weak points--especially in their guard. The uniforms and flags were atrocious and their repetoire wasn't that impressive.

Southwind: I agree with many the of DCPers in saying the judges put the wrong corps in semis. Of the three shows in this group, SW's was probably the most cohesive and well-designed. The opener was some of my favorite 5 minutes of drum corps this season. Their hornline really knows how to make an opening statement. The ballad, on the other hand, didn't seem to make much musical sense and left many people scratching their heads. The background drum beat was just weird. But I liked the more musical and subtle approach their drumline took this year. There were many cool visual elements that were executed very well on their final show. This was one of my overall favorites from this season.

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar